Originally Posted By: eddie_walker
I've found that Minwax makes a product called Gelstain that you can buy just about anywhere. Then you put a finish clear coat over it to protect it.

My tests looked really good on the Hardi siding.

I built a gazebo for our hottub over the summer and put the Hardi lap siding on it. Then my wife stained it with the Minwax Gelstain and sealed it.

EDDIE!!!! That looks fantastic. Got some questions for you.

Is this the same Hardi Board siding that is made out of fire resistant materials?

I noticed that the stain has color variations (light and dark areas, etc) just like real wood, is that the way the stain applies or is your wife real artistic and added those touches?

My wife and I are gonna use Hardi board in our new house for resistance to fire but we wanted to have more of a hunter lodge look - what you have created looks perfect. Any information related to what you did (type of siding, specific stain information, etc) would be greatly appreciated. You can PM or email me if you prefer. Thanks!

I can't believe how much like wood that looks!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)