Thanks Todd and all. I have enough left over material from home build to make a fish trap, and will actively fish for the GSF. Would putting some fish food in a baggie with holes punched in be good for hanging inside the trap ? Other bait suggestions ?

I will educate myself on the characterisitcs of hybrids. Does anyone have any photos of young GSF and CNBG, say about 2-4" long? Most internet photos show full grown varieties, but I feel that I will have some of each about the same size early next year.

I can attest to Todd's fish stock quality. The fish shown at the top of the thread were way too big for being stocked in Oct., also found 2 dead fish in July (apprx 2-3"). The CNBG/RES I stocked had a very consistent size to them. I

I am at a loss for how the GSF got there. I remember my dad mentioning the eggs/bird feet thing a long time ago. I know for sure it was not inflow from other areas as my banks are 2+ ft higher than natural lay of the land. Even the low spot for drainage still has to flow down more than 1 ft to get to natural ground. So the live prey/bird theory might ring true.

I will update this post with catch rates and size to get expert advice on how to interpret that catch as a proxy for full population.

Todd, I will update you on my progress so we can plan appropriatley for next years LMB sizes.

Thanks to everyone.

Thanks,

Darryl