Dave,

Nice analogy with the pasture/forest.

I have been chatting with Bill Cody via e-mail about my situation, and will either be adding some more YP or FHM/GSH to the mix depending on whether or not the YP have been raised on pellets (I am awaiting an answer from Jones on this). Hopefully, between this addition, the crayfish I will add in the spring, the feeding program, and the FHM pond I will have, I should have plenty for the predators to eat.

I initially chose the amount of YP that I did, b/c I read a lot about the possibility of them over-reproducing, and did not want a stunted population. I figured that since I was stocking juvenile/adult YP that I should stock fewer than the normal recommendation.

I am not opposed to fishing if I need to balance things out . I am actually worried about over-fishing the pond. I could go out there everyday after work if the pond allowed it, but I think I may have to keep it to a once a week thing.

Speaking of which, how often to some of you guys fish your ponds? and, how much is too much?

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp