Pond Boss
Posted By: george1 Tilapia Stockers - 04/01/13 03:03 PM
Had a really nice Easter Day yesterday – church services early and tilapia stocking in the afternoon – it doesn’t get any better than this!
Todd brought me some of the best of his best stockers – we upped the numbers this year to 15lbs/acre for forage base for Camelot Bell LMB spawn.

He took one look at pond and said it was in the best shape ever - still a couple of feet low– spring showers are coming – hopefully.
Said he will drop off some TF shad soon for small pond experiment.

Serviced TH feeder but having to up feed time to handle those lousy big AQMX 600 pellets – hope they solve that problem – they should have had a recall !

Will start bottom diffuser aeration system on a 24/7 schedule next week until switch to Kasco surface aerator when hot Texas weather sets in.

It’s great to have a good pond manager/consultant that is a good friend to boot.
George

Posted By: overtonfisheries Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/01/13 03:25 PM
Thanks George. Was my pleasure and such a fantastic swim!
Posted By: george1 Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/01/13 03:57 PM
He wouldn't let us take his picture tho.... laugh
Posted By: hang_loose Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/02/13 01:06 AM
george1, Just curious as to what your water temps are in your area? I know we have a long way to go up here wink.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/02/13 01:13 AM
HL, the water temp in east Texas is around 66 degrees. Got to love those Tilapia!!
Posted By: hang_loose Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/02/13 01:54 AM
Thanks highflyer, not positive but our water temps in central Ohio are probably in the low,low 40's. Good luck to you and your family this year.
Posted By: Zep Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/02/13 03:46 AM
hang_loose...mine was 64 degrees this past Thurs.
Posted By: george1 Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/02/13 11:09 AM
Originally Posted By: hang_loose
george1, Just curious as to what your water temps are in your area? I know we have a long way to go up here wink.

Near surface water temp was 65.7 F.
Seems fairly consistent on a regional basis in our area.

Warm enough for Todd Overton to swim out to check the surface aerator - he didn't even blink - one tough dude!! laugh
Posted By: hang_loose Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/03/13 03:56 AM
We need a warm-up here...Its still dropping into the 20's at night. But have caught a few 12"-15" LMB, a couple crappie and some super prego perch. Some male perch also (they're milting when they come out of the water).

Thanks for the info guys!
Posted By: JWM Re: Tilapia Stockers - 04/04/13 01:58 AM
I worked up in Cambridge Oh this past fall glad I left before winter really set in.
© Pond Boss Forum