Pond Boss
Posted By: Spin Hello forum members from Florida - 12/15/23 02:33 AM
Hello everybody,

I live in Pensacola Florida and love fishing for bluegill and crappie. Only problem is I work all the time. However, I retire in 10 months and will relocate to the Philippines around the Cavite area. Does anybody know if there is bluegill and crappie there? Does anybody stock them there for sale? My wife is from there and wants to go home when we retire. After raising eight kids I figure it's the least I could do to take her there.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Hello forum members from Florida - 12/15/23 11:15 AM
No idea about Philippines fishing. But, congrats for the retirement.
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Hello forum members from Florida - 12/15/23 01:32 PM
According to the literature, among freshwater fish in the Philippines are largemouth bass, crappie, walleye, and bluegill which were introduced into the river systems in 1999. You could probably get more accurate information from your wife's extended family.

Enjoy your retirement and all that the Philippines has to offer.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Hello forum members from Florida - 12/15/23 06:06 PM
We used to have a few members from the far East.

'Rad' was one, and I think he was maybe from Chumpon Thailand??

Anyways, he was raising some barramundi which was interesting.
Posted By: Spin Re: Hello forum members from Florida - 12/16/23 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dudley Landry
According to the literature, among freshwater fish in the Philippines are largemouth bass, crappie, walleye, and bluegill which were introduced into the river systems in 1999. You could probably get more accurate information from your wife's extended family.

Enjoy your retirement and all that the Philippines has to offer.

Thank you sir, but my wife's family doesn't know if these fish are in the Philippines, they all salt water fish. I've searched Google and could not find any discussion regarding crappie, bluegill and bass. Is it Philippines to share that link for my research? Thanks again for the reply.
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Hello forum members from Florida - 12/17/23 03:17 AM
Try searching for 'largemouth bass in the philippines' and expand the search to other freshwater sportfish. The first tine I searched, the information included that which I posted previously. I just did another search and got nothing that I wanted.
© Pond Boss Forum