Pond Boss
Posted By: dbmoore New Member - 12/29/15 04:54 AM
Per the Boss' suggestion, here is my introduction: Recently harvested timber on family farm land in home county in Western Tennessee and decided after 30+ years to build a pond. Love the idea but realize I don't know a thing about it. Had a skilled gentleman finish clearing a draw and construct a levee between two points. Watershed of approximately 20 acres with back basin projected to hold about 2 acres of water approximately 15 ft at levee end. I posted a predicament in the forum titled "Surface vs Bottom Withdrawal Spillway". While pontificating the conundrum this evening and "googling" my theory of siphoning effects, I stumbled upon the Pond Boss. Ordered a year subscription to the magazine and dug into the forum. What a find. Excited to learn all that I don't know that I don't know about ponds and pond management.

My best,
David
Posted By: fishm_n Re: New Member - 12/29/15 05:30 AM
Good to meet you.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: New Member - 12/29/15 11:50 AM
We all started somewhere and have messed up a lot of things along the way. I got in Pre Pond Boss without a clue. I still slap myself about current mistakes.
Posted By: snrub Re: New Member - 12/29/15 12:15 PM
Welcome to PBF dbmoore!

I also came into active pond management later in life, just three years ago. Wife and I enjoy our ponds greatly. Hope you enjoy your new journey just as much.
Posted By: CMM Re: New Member - 12/29/15 01:38 PM
Good to see you here dbmoore!

Great folks around the forum and all are so willing to help.

CMM
Posted By: Flame Re: New Member - 12/29/15 02:54 PM
Welcome from deep east Texas. Lot's of great advise here!! I too knew nothing about building a pond but with everyones help in only 9 months after stocking 1 inch cnbg... we are catching them 8 inch and 1/2 pound!! Good luck and ask lot's of questions.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: New Member - 12/29/15 03:05 PM
Welcome aboard !!
Posted By: ewest Re: New Member - 12/29/15 04:28 PM
Welcome to PB. Check out the archives for a good start.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=22&page=1
Posted By: dbmoore Re: New Member - 12/30/15 01:20 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I will certainly be checking in often and asking a lot of questions.
© Pond Boss Forum