Pond Boss
Posted By: solon new guy with a pond problem - 04/04/11 10:13 PM
I'm new to the forum

i bought property that "had" approximately a 7 acre pond 10 years ago - it was built in the 60's and the beaver tripled it size.
either muskrats or mother nature broke the dam over the past month.
Other than waiting for the beaver to rebuild - approximately how much will a contractor cost me to build a dam ? i know it's a general question.
If anyone is from Central NY and knows any contractors let me know ! i'm trying to find some !

attached is a before and after.
Thanks and Hello

Attached picture solon beaver house fall.jpg
Attached picture Picture 089.jpg
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: new guy with a pond problem - 04/05/11 12:36 AM
Beaver dams seem to fill up with silt and then break. The price is dependent on the lay of the land and the size of the completed dam.
Posted By: esshup Re: new guy with a pond problem - 04/05/11 12:49 AM
There's some members here from the East on here, maybe they can point you to a couple of contractors. A lot will depend on the land and how many trees will have to be taken down and how much dirt will have to be moved.

The pond looks beautiful!(well, before it went down!)
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: new guy with a pond problem - 04/05/11 12:15 PM
solon welcome to PBF, real nice looking pond, try checking with your county soil and water office and see if they can recommend people who have pond building experience.
Also look around your area for people who have ponds they might be able to suggest someone, Google earth satellite photo's can also help you locate ponds near you.
© Pond Boss Forum