Pond Boss
Posted By: Davedg Where to buy fish? - 05/23/09 01:39 PM
This is my first post. I've been reading the forums for over a year. I'm looking for a place close to Birmingham, AL to buy golden shiners and LMB. Anyone know of a place fairly close?

Thanks,
David
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Where to buy fish? - 05/23/09 01:47 PM
Howdy, Dave, and welcome to the forum.

Greg Grimes in Ball Ground, GA (Northern Atlanta area, I believe) could get you what you need - he covers 'Bama as well as other SE states.

Stay tuned for more info.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Where to buy fish? - 05/23/09 01:56 PM
Dave not sure of my source of golden shiners. Anderson minnows is out of the fry and not sure what size you need. We wil be gettign bass fingerlings in two weeks. So get ont he lise and we cna get a few more. We plan to have them available for about a month. On adult bass you just need to call and let us know what you need. thanks Theo
Posted By: Davedg Re: Where to buy fish? - 05/23/09 02:20 PM
I'm looking for golden shiners 3-5 inches. I'm wanting to find a place where I can go pick up 5-10 lbs. If I order from Anderson, they will cost me $90 for 5 lbs. ($18 a lb). I really don't want to have to pay to have fish shipped Fedex. I've been taking out bass to get my LMB population down and was wanting to add some new genes. I'm considering F1s.
© Pond Boss Forum