Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Dock Complete - 06/12/17 01:28 PM
Put some finishing touches on the dock this weekend with the brick walkway up out of the soupy grass and a lantern pole! smile

Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Dock Complete - 06/12/17 02:06 PM
Wow! Looks great.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Dock Complete - 06/12/17 02:12 PM
Hey Chris hows it going bud. Thanks on the dock it's been a long time coming!! I love it! The family loves it and we all can fish quite easy on it.

I sooo want to run of the end and do a big ole cannon ball!! No one has yet to swim in my pond. I think everyone is afraid of catching something.... lol. I may just have to break it in... hehe

RC
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Dock Complete - 06/12/17 02:48 PM
Wow great stuff. Love the lantern. I could see myself sipping a few beers down sitting out there nice warm summer night.

Well done. Cheers
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Dock Complete - 06/12/17 09:15 PM
Fantastic, RC! You have got to be really pleased with the finished product and feel a great sense of accomplishment! Go for it on the cannonball. If you "catch something", at least we'll remember your exploits here fondly! grin
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Dock Complete - 06/13/17 04:48 PM
I don't know if "jealous" is quite right, but let's at least say that I am envious of your place to hang at the pond...One of these days...
Posted By: RC51 Re: Dock Complete - 06/13/17 04:58 PM
Thanks guys it truly is hard to leave and come back to the city... but for now the city is my money maker and in order play you got to pay!! smile I do take full advantage of it tho on the weekends!!

RC
Posted By: ewest Re: Dock Complete - 06/13/17 06:13 PM
Nice work on the dock and the bloom looks strong.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Dock Complete - 06/13/17 06:27 PM
Hey Eric thanks my bloom has been good this year. I have not had any chara on the bottom of my pond yet... I literally was using a Texas rigged worm the other night and not picking up anything!! I couldn't believe it!! smile
Posted By: RC51 Re: Dock Complete - 06/13/17 06:28 PM
I do not fertilize so has to be help from my food maybe??

RC
Posted By: snrub Re: Dock Complete - 06/13/17 10:07 PM
Looks great RC51! You will get a lot of years of enjoyment from that dock.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Dock Complete - 06/16/17 06:40 PM
That is nice! I should do that on my dock end, a nice sitting area. We just purchased some nice white cedar Adirondack chairs, and they would look great on the dock end!
Posted By: RC51 Re: Dock Complete - 06/16/17 07:34 PM
Oh yeah it's great having that deck/dock lol. The deck area is 10x12 and we love it! Just right for a couple chairs and a small table... If you did it you would NOT regret it that's for sure!! We almost went 8x10 on the deck and I am so glad we decided to go a little bigger.... As bretski would say I got 2 foot ightis... lol

RC
Posted By: anthropic Re: Dock Complete - 06/17/17 12:00 AM
Like the hummingbird feeder and envy the awesome bloom, RC. Congrats!
Posted By: Charles Anderson Re: Dock Complete - 06/27/17 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: RC51
Thanks guys it truly is hard to leave and come back to the city... but for now the city is my money maker and in order play you got to pay!! smile I do take full advantage of it tho on the weekends!!

RC

Me too. I feel your pain. Awesome pond/deck. What is the barrel for?
Posted By: RC51 Re: Dock Complete - 06/27/17 04:27 PM
Hey Charles thanks!

The barrel is a 30 gallon barrel we cut in half drilled a bunch of holes in it and put the lid back on top for bait fish and Bluegill or Bass we want to keep to clean later that day or the next day. It works pretty good and have not had any dead fish in it yet. We decided to use the barrel being plastic as it will never rust or fall apart on us.

RC
Posted By: Charles Anderson Re: Dock Complete - 06/27/17 04:39 PM
That makes sense. Thanks for the tip.
© Pond Boss Forum