Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Yesterday at the pond! - 01/29/12 09:15 PM
Well I spent all yesterday at the land making firewood and putting my feeder in place. It was only a high of 51 degrees, but just right for some hard work! We had to cut quite a few trees down when making the cabin. All of them are Hickory trees. Some good wood!!!

I also took a few minutes to put my feeder in place with some very good chest waiters that I have dang water is coooold!!! It's basically a deer feeder but I am going to use it for my fish this spring. I will make a back plate to put on it so the feed won't go backwards towards the shore. It's 30 gallons and will fit about 5, 40 pound bags of corn so I would think it would be close to the same for fish food. The day went by to fast and I had to leave once again. Hopfully before to long I can just stop go into the cabin and shower up and relax on my cabin deck!! Soon I hope soon.

Attached picture Making Firewood.jpg
Attached picture Feeder up and ready.jpg
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Yesterday at the pond! - 01/29/12 10:43 PM
That's a nice set-up with the feeder on the tripod, but watch out for amphibious bears. grin
Posted By: esshup Re: Yesterday at the pond! - 01/29/12 10:59 PM
Looking good! You going to split that, or leave it as is?
Posted By: RC51 Re: Yesterday at the pond! - 01/29/12 11:26 PM
We are going to split the bigger stuff for sure!! Nothing like split wood!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Yesterday at the pond! - 01/30/12 02:48 AM
If using a maul or an axe, have fun with the hickory! wink
Posted By: RC51 Re: Yesterday at the pond! - 01/30/12 03:40 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup
If using a maul or an axe, have fun with the hickory! wink
]

Yeah for sure! I will be using a log splitter for sure!! I already tried it the other way and I liked to never get anywhere! Ended up having a good workout though!! smile
Posted By: RC51 Re: Yesterday at the pond! - 01/30/12 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
That's a nice set-up with the feeder on the tripod, but watch out for amphibious bears. grin

Man I have enough issues now I have to watch out for bears too!! Ughhhhh!! I don't like spiders and snakes.... but I really hate amphibious bears!!! smile
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Yesterday at the pond! - 01/30/12 02:06 PM
Man I have enough issues now I have to watch out for bears too!! Ughhhhh!! I don't like spiders and snakes.... but I really hate amphibious bears!!! smile

© Pond Boss Forum