Pond Boss
Posted By: Zep Michigan Albino Deer - 10/28/14 07:25 PM
Michigan official:
11-year-old boy legally shot albino deer

10/27/2014

http://www.kansas.com/news/nation-world/article3402456.html
Posted By: Rainman Re: Michigan Albino Deer - 10/28/14 07:34 PM
Cool!! Sure isn't common for an albino to survive predators long enough to reach maturity!
Posted By: esshup Re: Michigan Albino Deer - 10/28/14 08:23 PM
There's a big stink going on up in Mi. about that. The anti hunters have even sent electronic death threats. I hope that there is a way that the police can track them down and prosecute them for that. The hunting community is standing behind him and his parents.

I think its cool that he was able to shoot it, and his parents have said it will get a full body mount.

IIRC there's more info in the Field & Stream website.
Posted By: JKB Re: Michigan Albino Deer - 10/28/14 10:02 PM
I heard about the big stink. Silly people. I bet they believe in Unicorns wink
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Michigan Albino Deer - 10/30/14 04:41 AM
Cracks me up it's illegal to shoot white deer in some states. Completely ridiculous!
Posted By: esshup Re: Michigan Albino Deer - 10/30/14 06:36 AM
Don't even think about it if you are in Wisconsin. But, if it has brown on it, even a dime sized patch, you're O.K.

There are albino whitetails not 15 miles from where we hunt there.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Michigan Albino Deer - 10/30/14 12:27 PM
Not to far from us is the Seneca Army depot, where there are white deer, not Albino. They are somewhat celebrities as everyone gets a sore neck trying to spot one when driving by.

Oh the irony of sending death threats to your fellow humans in the defense of an animal that is dumber than a box of rocks and eats your expensive landscaping while bouncing off the roof of your vehicle.
© Pond Boss Forum