Pond Boss
Posted By: bminder pond expansion - 12/23/05 07:48 PM
I have an existing spring fed pond in SE Nebraska that I'd like to expand. It's an hourglass shape which has two springs, one in each "corner." Beaver have created two small upper ponds where the main spring flows (out of which I landed a 4# largemouth this fall), which I'm afraid are limiting water supply to the lower pond. I'm considering tearing out the beaver's work w/ a backhoe. Further, I'd like to replace the "L" shaped dam, which creates the hourglass, with a straight dam that utilizes the natural depth of the ditch behind the dam. I'm not sure why the dam was built as an "L" originally. It seems that I'll simply have to rebuild a dam behind the existing dam,(there is an ample supply of soil) and then somehow decide how to remove the original dam and fill the pond. Before I do this, how do I find out if the pond will fill? Does anyone know anyone in Nebraska who does this sort of work?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pond expansion - 12/23/05 08:19 PM
Alan Slepitka of Slepitka Bros. in Dorchester, NE does all of my dirt work. He's efficient, of high moral character, and is a brilliant mind when it comes to pond design. I've never been disappointed with any work he's done.

His number is (402) 946-3311

PM me if you have any questions.

Bruce
© Pond Boss Forum