Pond Boss
this is looking up east prong of pond and thats my youngest son walking in pond its deeeeeeeeeeeeeep. will try to figure out how to get more than one pic on here
Tim - Wow! 30+ feet??
yes Essup about 28 ft deep. There are 3 draws feeding it the east, middle (where my son is walking) and the west. starting at the upper east water level and walking to the upper west water level its about 1500 ft long, shaped like a U and averages 250ft wide. it gets deep quick everywhere and has about 1,000 ft or so of limestone bluffs in 4 to 7 ft of water or close to it. Managed just a little bit I could see some wallhangers coming out of here. P.S. still working on my photbucket skills.
pic above was standing 400 ft up west draw looking towards dam water is 15ft deep at this spot. This pic is looking back at west prong from dam. dozer is in about 25ft of water where its sitting. water goes into trees at tree line. I dont know if d6 likes pushing up that tall of a dam all by itself lol, I'm goin to take it home service it, talk nice to it etc.
closer view of the rock ledges along shore line.
103ft of 24" tube, 48" riser, 3 antiseep collars which were wheel rolled in with backhoe and not dug out but pushed into the clay when installed collars, 3 cy of concrete
You're stopping up some serious draws. Ought to be nice when finished.
Thats going to a nice BOW! How many acres are you figuring?
I would guess 6 to 7 acres of water. Very long U shape but narrow.
Neat! What kind of fishery do you want to establish?
owner is hiring a firm to stock the pond. All i know is that he wanted a crappie pond more than anything.
been doing fencelines the last couple of months but had to throw a picture of this place in.

Wow! It's going to be beautiful!
© Pond Boss Forum