Pond Boss
Posted By: CMM Hurricane Matthew - 10/06/16 01:13 AM
Bobby Rice, you gonna be out of the path? Florida looks like it's gonna take a little wind and water tomorrow. Be safe.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Hurricane Matthew - 10/06/16 09:38 PM
I left our "snowbird" home on Oak Island, NC last night. The track has changed a little, but ...

Once I got to the I-95 corridor in mid-NC, until I got off in Fredericksburg, VA, there was a constant southbound parade of bucket trucks and other utility company vehicles while I was heading north. After I turned west at Fredericksburg, several big FEMA trucks/trailers passed by on the other side of the road. We have a pretty big FEMA facility near us in the Winchester, VA area.

Stay safe.
Ken
Posted By: CMM Re: Hurricane Matthew - 10/06/16 09:53 PM
I wish I could have convinced my brother, sister-in-law and nephew to head out, they are 3 miles from the coast, between St Augustine and Daytona.

Prayers for everyone that has been and will get a taste of this one.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Hurricane Matthew - 10/06/16 11:32 PM
I'm happy my place is on the west side of the state. However the path can change a great deal in a short time. Prayers for those in the path.
Posted By: CMM Re: Hurricane Matthew - 10/06/16 11:36 PM
Right you are Bobo.
Posted By: Ben Adducchio Re: Hurricane Matthew - 10/07/16 03:35 AM
CMM, my cousin lives in Ormond Beach (north of Daytona) about 3 miles off the coast. They decided to stay also, drives me a little nuts. I saw the aftermath of Katrina and can't understand why anyone would want stay, home or not. Hopefully it is a minor event and everyone is safe.
© Pond Boss Forum