Pond Boss
Posted By: Lukkyseven UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/03/15 12:03 PM
So for whatever reason here recently I've started to worry about skin cancer. I don't have it thankfully and as far as I can tell, I don't have any signs of it. I just simply don't want it.

I've went out and ordered some Under Armour shirts because I like the styling of them as well as a Sun Buff and some gloves.

I just can't find pants that I like. I'm okay for the cold months because well... any pants work. I'm concerned for when it gets hot outside. I want some thin/cool pants that are quick drying and look decent. I'm open to suggestions. Price isn't a real huge concern either as I'm probably buying two pairs at the most.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/03/15 01:02 PM
Lukky, 5.11 makes some tough pants that dry well and are cooler in the summer heat. Also, Duluth Trading has pants that are make from firehose, and they're both extremely durable and comfortable.
Posted By: esshup Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/03/15 01:06 PM
Take a look at what the guys in Florida wear. That should give you some ideas.
Posted By: basslover Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/03/15 01:54 PM
There are many players in this market. I did some research a while back. I came away with:

Columbia's Blood and Guts II pant UPF 30
http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Mens-Bloo...nvertible+Pants

I like these because they're convertible to shorts and back again, they dry quickly, and the fish slime / odor wipes off pretty easily with just water.

I also invested in Solumbra's men's cargo pant UPF 100
http://www.sunprecautions.com/product/21900

I like these for the SPF factor and super light feels like yer naked.
Posted By: Lukkyseven Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/03/15 02:20 PM
I do keep coming across the columbia blood and guts ones. I feel like I can never find convertible pants that I like though. The zipper always seems to rub
Posted By: basslover Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/03/15 03:13 PM
A lot of the Columbia stuff is sold locally - if there's a store near you that carries the brand try a pair on and see. Maybe they won't rub you unlike the other brand(s)?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/03/15 11:09 PM
Dang, $84.95 for a pair of pants. I'll stick to my Jeans.
Posted By: Lukkyseven Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 03/04/15 12:10 AM
Dave I hear ya man... I really do... It just never fails that the guy I fish with is incompetent helping me get the boat on/off the trailer and I end up in the water.

Then either I'm soaked while fishing and we all know wet jeans aint fun. Or I get wet putting the boat back on the trailer and then I have to hop right into my new truck and stink it to high heck (this lake water isn't pleasant).

That and jeans during the summer are just way to hot
Posted By: Tareq Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 06/21/15 10:12 PM
My doctor sent me to a dermatologist, who told me that my skin is being affected by sunburns. He said me that I shouldn’t wear normal shirt and pant when I go for fishing in the future. Because normal shirt and pant allow sun rays through them and make skin damages.

Then I bought some fishing shirts and pants and all of them are with SPF 50. I wear them when go for fishing. These made a great difference than that of normal shirts and pants.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: UPF/SPF Summer Fishing Pants - 06/21/15 11:27 PM
Hi Tareq,

Welcome to PBF! Thanks for the input!

Please post a message on New Members Introduction and tell us what brings you to join PBF.

Again, Welcome!

Bill D.
© Pond Boss Forum