Pond Boss
Posted By: Omaha Big 10 Expansion - 06/10/10 09:12 PM
Most of you probably know that the Huskers are Big 10 bound. Now, it appears that Texas and Texas A&M are as well. And Oklahoma to the SEC?

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/10/10 09:17 PM
Omaha -- I thought this would all fall on the Huskers' shoulders, but it looks (time-wise) like those darn Buffs (CU) jumped first to the PAC-10?? smile

I had heard the talk of TX and TX A&M to the PAC-10, so your link is quite interesting (new news!).
Posted By: Omaha Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/10/10 09:20 PM
Yep. I have an incredible disdain for the Buffs. More so than any other team, so they can go wherever they like. But you're right, with all the speculations going around about Texas and Nebraska and Notre Dame and ….., it's Colorado who made a move. Interesting, but it certainly got the ball rolling and now it seems like everyone's interested in getting something done. Should make for an interesting weekend.
Posted By: txelen Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/10/10 10:04 PM
Apparently the Texas legislature isn't going to put pressure on UT and A&M to take Texas Tech and Baylor with them wherever they go, so that opens up more options. I hope that TAMU and UT go to the Big-10, this would given them access to the CIC and provide a real boost to academics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_on_Institutional_Cooperation

(I'm a Texas A&M alum)
Posted By: ewest Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/10/10 10:06 PM
This sounds like it might get wild. Bets on how long it takes congress to jump in the fray. No political rants just your guess.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 01:28 AM
I would guess that they "weigh in" tomorrow (6/11)
Posted By: Omaha Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 08:43 PM

Posted By: Bullhead Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 08:58 PM
Harvey Perlman is the MAN.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 09:00 PM
did it happen? are tu and tamu coming along?
Posted By: Omaha Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 09:01 PM
You get your news from PB too TJ? laugh

Colorado, Texas, A&M, Tech, Oklahoma, and OKState all look to possibly be going to the Pac-10. That's the latest, but it's still all speculation of course.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 09:16 PM
I will miss OU - a program I respect highly and whose fans are largely knowledgable and appreciate football regardless of the outcome of the game [like NU fans]. I will miss KU, especially the opportunity of playing against Turner Gill over the next decade, and watching their incredible BBall teams. I will miss beating KSU and CU. I will miss watching the resurgence of TAMU under Mike Sherman, they also have a nice baseball and basketball team going. I will miss watching Baylor's athletic program improving in Baseball, football and bball. OSU has developed entertaining offensive teams, ISU - you can't help but root for the perennial underdog, and MU...we get to trade barbs with the Missouri contingent of PBers. Mike Leach teams are always a blast to see spread the field and rack up yardage and touchdowns.

I am happy to lose UT - we've lost what, 8/9 to them? I love the challenge - they are a crazy successful program and I like coach Brown and Auggie, but 4 last second losses are hard to swallow - reminds me of Oklahoma in the 80's.

I am happy to have the opportunity to join a league with higher academic standards, and the opportunity to play tradition rich programs like Michigan, Penn St, and Ohio St. We'll likely get spanked on the hardwood, but we should compete annually in Football and Baseball for the league title.

Oh...and our rifle and bowling team are pretty solid, too!
Posted By: n8ly Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 09:26 PM
why are they all leaving, what happened, whats going on? Nebraska to the Big 10??? others might be coming??? big ten network rocks, you get to see all the games!

to be honest I dont want any of your other crumby teams infiltrating my league of awesomeness.

I am Big 10 to the core, but havent watched the news or papers since algae started growing and fish started needing new homes.
Posted By: ewest Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 09:40 PM
Who was it that won the football National Championship the last 5 years ?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/11/10 09:46 PM
Originally Posted By: n8ly
why are they all leaving, what happened, whats going on? Nebraska to the Big 10??? others might be coming??? big ten network rocks, you get to see all the games!

to be honest I dont want any of your other crumby teams infiltrating my league of awesomeness.

I am Big 10 to the core, but havent watched the news or papers since algae started growing and fish started needing new homes.

I'm confused on whether it's the Fighting Illini or the Hoosier's powerhouse football programs we're insulting by even taking the field. wink

Honestly, no one in the state had even considered leaving the league to my knowledge...I understand your sentiment. How are you going to feel when/if UT or TAMU rolls in too?
Posted By: gallop Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 01:40 AM
Easy fellas, I mean its kinda like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic isn't it? Florida is going to beat you in the end anyway!!!!!!!

OK, now go ahead with your discussion and I am going to put on my asbestos underwear.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 03:03 AM
Good point...the Gators have something special going on down there, my hat's off to the program.

I guess the Big Ten saw something they like in NU football, and I'm surprised no one in NE has been too heartbroken about the move.
Posted By: esshup Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 06:21 AM
So now they have to change their logo (again)?
Posted By: Omaha Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 11:19 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup

Did you miss my post above? grin
Posted By: Habitatpro Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 12:36 PM
Its an upgrade for Nebraska no doubt. But then comes basketball season. Gonna be a whole lot of learning when that happens. MU started this crap with rumors and all. In typical MU fashion, there was nothing to it. Now they are out in the cold for now.
Posted By: jims place Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 12:51 PM
KU and KSU fans are #$@%ing mad about what they are calling the " conference chaos" mess. I sure miss the old days of K.I.S.S.
it's all about $$$$$$$$
Posted By: esshup Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 02:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Omaha
Originally Posted By: esshup

Did you miss my post above? grin

Which one? They had to change the logo when Penn joined in 1990. (big 11)
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/12/10 02:29 PM
back to re-arranging the deck chairs. (refer to Ewest's post) Miss State Bulldogs would win the national championship if they didnt have to play in the SEC. FB and BB. Haven't kept up with their LaCrosse program lately. I'm sure Stoops is chomping at the bit to come to the
SEC west.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/13/10 12:52 PM
yeah I guess the Kansas situation is much worse than us having to accept a stray program or two into our profit sharing league.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/14/10 02:54 PM
follow the money.

Down here they are talking about A&M going to the SEC...WITHOUT UT......
Craziness I tell ya CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/14/10 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
follow the money.

Down here they are talking about A&M going to the SEC...WITHOUT UT......
Craziness I tell ya CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!

That's what I just heard too. They rejected the Pac 10 apparently. Big 12 is asking for a contract from the schools. Not sure they'll get that, definitely not from Texas. But that sounds like they're hoping to stay intact, even though Oklahoma is supposedly aggressively looking to make a move out.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/14/10 02:58 PM
SOOO many rumors flying around, and it seems theres a new one every few hours. I love talking football in june!!!!!

Gig em Aggies!!!
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/14/10 03:38 PM
I guess we'll (SEC) take Oklahoma & Texas if you insist. wink
Posted By: Omaha Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/16/10 06:32 PM
Adventures of the Big 12: Twelve Angry Men

There is some language. If it is too vulgar, please remove. It is pretty funny though (even if they knock NU around a bit too). grin
Posted By: tim pinney Re: Big 10 Expansion - 06/19/10 05:51 AM
its all gonna be interesting but i'm still missing the big 8. grew up loving to watch ou vs neb and texas. i still have memories of them games in my head. tv's getting broke to pieces,chairs thrown etc. but in the end most ou fans root for texas and nebraska and osu in a big way when they are not playing them. even rooted for cu once when they played nd for the championship. and it really made me happy to see osborne win the championship. very classy person i think. switzer will surprise you as a person and what he does for special olympics. sure miss the old days here and the feeling that the end of the world was near when texas or nebraska beat us.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Big 10 Expansion - 12/30/10 08:38 PM
Kind of a cool Big 10 logo idea. Notice the '12'.

© Pond Boss Forum