Pond Boss
Posted By: Rangersedge Good people - 08/06/08 09:44 PM
Just FYI... As I was traveling from Illinois to South Dakota, to Montana and back recently; I decided to stop by Protatch in Nebraska to check out their small pontoon boats. I didn't have the number and couldn't remember their name; but thought I had seen their advertisement in PondBoss. I had a PondBoss magazine with me, hunted up the PondBoss world headquarters phone number, and called. Two of the ladies and Bob himself tried to help come up with the boat manufacturer's name and phone number. This is just a public "thank you" to those ladies and Bob for their help. They're good people.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Good people - 08/06/08 09:50 PM
 Originally Posted By: Rangersedge
Just FYI... As I was traveling from Illinois to South Dakota, to Montana and back recently; I decided to stop by Protatch in Nebraska to check out their small pontoon boats. I didn't have the number and couldn't remember their name; but thought I had seen their advertisement in PondBoss. I had a PondBoss magazine with me, hunted up the PondBoss world headquarters phone number, and called. Two of the ladies and Bob himself tried to help come up with the boat manufacturer's name and phone number. This is just a public "thank you" to those ladies and Bob for their help. They're good people.

If you deal with Protatch ask if Kevin Houtwed (pronounced Hot-Wood) is still president. Tell Kevin his old friend Bruce Condello says "Hi".
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Good people - 08/07/08 01:52 AM
The six degrees of Condello strike again.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Good people - 08/09/08 02:11 PM
On the trip... on a Saturday, I called the Protatch number and left a message. Kevin called me back. Then Dan (their salesperson) and I arranged to meet on a Sunday to look at one of their boats. They were out of stock at the moment; but a customer had two of them just outside town. We went there, checked out one of their boats, were invited into their (very nice) home for something to drink & a tour. After we returned, Dan worked with us on ordering a boat and etc. Very nice, low pressure sales approach.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Good people - 08/09/08 02:26 PM
I've seen several of their pontoons in the past. They look really solid.
© Pond Boss Forum