Pond Boss
Posted By: Phil in MI Walleye - 11/12/07 02:52 AM
Lots of info on bass, sunfish, a few on other species. What about Walleye for your pond. Ya should know that they can be feed trained quite easily... Anyone.... whatever....

Phil
Posted By: n8ly Re: Walleye - 11/12/07 03:14 AM
I can get walleyes to eat hand fed fatheads and shiners, but havent been able to get them to eat pellets yet.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Walleye - 11/12/07 10:00 AM
 Originally Posted By: Phil in MI
Lots of info on bass, sunfish, a few on other species. What about Walleye for your pond. Ya should know that they can be feed trained quite easily... Anyone.... whatever....

Phil

Walleye have been discussed on here.
Do a search and you should find those discussions.

I wasn't aware they could be feed trained quite easily. In fact, I thought it was just the opposite. Can you elaborate Phil?
Posted By: Phil in MI Re: Walleye - 11/14/07 03:20 PM
Strike that. I was thinking tanks for feed training, but I suppose that they would revert off of feed if stocked in ponds. Ill have to look into that further.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Walleye - 11/17/07 04:01 AM
Phil, How many walleye have you feed trained in tanks indoors? I am interested in hearing about your successes. What percentage of the fingerlings took to feed?. What lighting regime did you use that worked best? I have the culture guide I am interested in your hands on experiences.
© Pond Boss Forum