Pond Boss
Posted By: otto MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/26/07 04:20 PM
To All Pond Boss Pondmiesters:

Mike and Jane are going on a road trip on November 10th to November 15th from Dallas, TX to Chicago, IL. If you would like Mike and Jane to stop by and visit you and your pond please email us with a short description and one picture of what makes your pond or lake special! You could be one of Mike Otto's famous Pond Boss articles! All entries will be considered. Email address: mikeotto@ottosdirtservice.com
Guys, don't miss this. Mike is extremely knowledgable and more fun than you can believe. He's a class act with a world class sense of humor.

Hey Mike, who's doing the typing for you?
Posted By: Brettski Re: MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/26/07 05:35 PM

Posted By: ewest Re: MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/26/07 05:46 PM
This is a once in a lifetime chance for any of you guys on the route. In addition to being a world class pond builder Mike has the eye of an artist. He can see and imagine things wrt land and ponds that only a master designer sees. I wish I was on that route. Bski this would be great for you to get Mike's eyes on ideas for your thoughts. Plus a mag article about LNP would be a hit.

Posted By: Brettski Re: MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/26/07 06:02 PM
(bad timing for the monkey pic, me thinks)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/26/07 06:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
(bad timing for the monkey pic, me thinks)

Posted By: rockytopper Re: MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/26/07 08:23 PM
Mike, if you need to start your article with” This is the wrong way to do it”, then I have two perfect specimens for you to start with. They have all the classic mistakes like a leaky dam that was not compacted or cored, too much watershed and silting, too small a spillway, weed problems, stunned bass, overrun bluegill populations, spillways washing away, the list goes on an on. Then we could go over to my third pond and show how I finally got my act together after being exposed to PB. You could then end up at Bski's LNP and show how a pond was built the right way from the get go. Proper planning, research, and above all execution. Then your last sentence should read. “And this guy doesn't even fish”.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/26/07 08:25 PM
Mike,

I sent you an email. We could bushwack Bill Cody from my place too if he agrees! It's another hour and a half east. If he's not interested we could TP the place. \:\)

Cecil
Posted By: otto Re: MIKE OTTO IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP! - 10/29/07 02:11 PM
Well, you guys got one picture of typist right. Can you guess which one? I got all the emails this morning and I should be able, with assistance from Jane, to pin down my scheduled route by the end of the week. Keep those emails coming and I so blush at all those compliments and insults to my typist.
© Pond Boss Forum