Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/01/07 10:12 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone about the RFD-TV show Monday night, June 4. Tune in, if you have Direct TV or Dish Network.
The show starts at 7 pm, Central time.
Purina Mills' Dr. Mark Griffin, whom you met at the Pond Boss Conference and Expo, along with his side kick, Dr. Gordon Ballam, will be the key people. I will tag along for the ride.
They tell me this Purina sponsored show will start with 15-20 minutes of introduction and B-Roll video about Pond Management, followed with the rest of the hour filled with callers on a live "chat."
You guys call in and ask some tough pond management and fish feeding questions. It should be fun.
Posted By: GW Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 12:33 AM
DVR set.
Posted By: Sunil Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 12:35 AM
Might there be another channel that the show will be on if you have digital cable?

If not, can someone do some kind of recording that could be mildly distributed?
Posted By: ewest Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 04:20 AM
What is the phone # ?

What info do they have on the % , type and size of fish that eat/use floating vs. sinking food.

What are the low water temps that various types of fish stop/slow in eating feed (at what point do their metabolisms slow to the point that pellet feeding should stop).

What are the optimum protein , fat (lipids) and carb % for the different pond fishes.

Negatives of using high % plant carbs in fish food for predator fish including BG.

Benefits of food using fish oil as the major lipid source.
Posted By: DAN PATERSON Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 04:10 PM
Anybody know the channel # on Direct TV?

Thanks,

Dan
Posted By: GW Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 04:27 PM
379 Dan.
Posted By: DAN PATERSON Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 04:58 PM
Thanks, GW.
Posted By: cmb Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 05:31 PM
It's 379 on DirecTV and 231 on DISH. Looks like us cable customers are mostly out of luck. A few carry it, see:
http://www.rfdtv.com/cable.asp

Channel's web site.
http://www.rfdtv.com/

Not sure how they feel about online distribution, but it would be great if they could make the show available on their site or YouTube or something afterwards. It'd be good for the sponsors, good for promoting the channel, and would help convince those of us with cable providers that don't offer the channel to bug our cable provider. \:\)
Posted By: rockytopper Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/02/07 06:07 PM
DVO on, thanks bob
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/03/07 04:03 PM
Headed to the airport...see you on TV tomorrow night, RFD-TV.
I don't know the phone numbers or much details except it starts at 7 pm CDT.
Fish on....
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/03/07 11:24 PM
Just met up with Dr. Gordon Ballam, Dr. Mark Griffin and producer Max Fisher. Headed to dinner, shortly. Stay tuned.....
Posted By: catmandoo Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 01:52 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lusk:
Headed to the airport...see you on TV tomorrow night, RFD-TV.
I don't know the phone numbers or much details except it starts at 7 pm EDT.
Fish on....
Please note: I think Bob is in error about the time.

According to the DISH on-screen timer menu, THE SHOW IS ON AT 8:00 PM EDT.

I just used the DISH network timer menu to set the recorder in case I am late getting home. It shows the Purina show from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM, EDT.

Good luck Bob, and thanks for all you do.

Ken G.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 02:09 AM
Oops...It is 8 pm Eastern time...7 Central. I edited it above. Good catch...
Had a great evening meal with Dr. Larry Varner, his bride and their daughter (Dr. Varner is Purina's Deer guru), Drs Griffin and Ballam with Max Fisher, the show's producer.
Purina sees what's going on with the pond management business and they want to do their part...they are open to new ideas how to take better care of animals, including fish. Of course, they are in the feeding business, but they are wise enough to see that what they do is more than food...it's a teaching and learning process.
Tomorrow will be a blast.
We meet at 9:30 to rehearse, watch B-roll film and make our final preparations. Then, we head to the RFD-TV studios at 5 pm, Central time.
Let's Go!
Posted By: ewest Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 02:20 AM
Bob a lot of us don't have dish or direct. Without that and no phone # we can't call in.

So hear are my questions below.

What info do they have on the % , type and size of fish that eat/use floating vs. sinking food.

What are the low water temps that various types of fish stop/slow in eating feed (at what point do their metabolisms slow to the point that pellet feeding should stop).

What are the optimum protein , fat (lipids) and carb % for the different pond fishes.

Negatives of using high % plant carbs in fish food for predator fish including BG.

Benefits of food using fish oil as the major lipid source.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 02:56 AM
Eric,
Do you want answers here? Or do you want me to find out the phone number and post it tomorrow? If you want answers, I'll ask Dr. Griffin to take a look and post them here...if he has time.
Posted By: Frank Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 05:26 PM
I would like info on food for bluegill and wipers that grass carp will not eat - if such a food existed.

Sorry I don't have dish. I realize copyrights are involved in distribution of video, etc. Perhaps PondBoss could license and sell video.

Frank
Posted By: ewest Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 05:44 PM
Bob answers here can wait. Those are questions that an audience might be interested in hearing about in case you are not flooded with calls. If you post a phone # I will call in.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 06:31 PM
Just went through a rehearsal "show" at the hotel. Headed to the studio in about an hour. When I get there, I'll see if I can find out the phone number and call Eric and ask him to post it....
Fish on!
Posted By: Bing Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 08:05 PM
Good luck Bob. I know you will do us proud.

Bing
Posted By: ewest Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/04/07 09:32 PM
Here is the phone # to call in via Bob. 866-547-9696 a little after 7 CT. Lets help him out with some good questions.
Posted By: Bing Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 12:27 AM
Fascinating show, it is about half over. Bob and the others are doing a great job. Great exposure for Pond Boss. I bet we can expect a lot more Forum members and hopefully subscribers.

Bing
Posted By: rockytopper Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 01:13 AM
Wow Bob I'm totally speechless, Your awesome. When are you going public I want to invest. PB is about to explode. I thank there might be a TV show in the making Congrats Bob.

p.s. I just paid for 2 years worth do I get 6 months free? Just kidding it's worth every penny and more. ;\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 01:18 AM
Don't have Dish TV. Hating it.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 01:20 AM
Fantastic show. It needs to become a series hosted by Bob, and sponsored by Purina and RFD TV.

Ken G.
Posted By: claybird Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 01:27 AM
I caught most of the show. From what I saw and heard, Bob and Mark did a great job of answering questions and providing helpful information. I expect to see an influx of new "posters" during the next few days! Congrats to Bob on a fine show and also to Purina for sponsoring it. I think it should be a regular feature somewhere on TV. I can invision Bob visiting ponds and their "bosses" across the country giving advice and demonstrating good pond management techniques.
Posted By: Mongo Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 01:41 AM
Congrats Bob!
The 1st pebble has hit the surface & the ripple begins....foresee waves to follow. Gut tells me this is only the beginning, the tip of the iceberg so to speak. Pond Boss was well represented & praised by the Purina reps. There must have been 100 or more phone calls on hold. Then again, great job, Bob!

Mongo
Posted By: Bing Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 02:13 AM
Just in case there are some who can get RFD-TV but missed this program, it shows Tuesday tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 2:00 AM, and again at 11:00 AM tomorrow.
Posted By: Sunil Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 02:29 AM
Bing, if I get in my car right now, I can probably be at your place for the 11AM showing.
Posted By: Bing Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 02:49 AM
Bring your fishing gear, bluegill are going wild and my cousin's grandsons caught 8 bass over 2.5 pounds last saturday in about 2 hours. Biggest was 4 1/2.

Bing
Posted By: Bing Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 02:57 AM
Sunil: I just sent you a PM.

Bing
Posted By: Bing Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 03:31 AM
Twenty Three new members to this forum so far today. Sure hope all of them subscribe to Pond Boss.

Bing
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 01:56 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bing:
Twenty Three new members to this forum so far today. Sure hope all of them subscribe to Pond Boss.

Bing
And participate in the forums. Come on Newbies just dive in, the water is warm!!!!

I have cable so I didn't get the show. Will it ever be available on DVD, VCR, Mini disk, beta anything???
Posted By: Sunil Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 05:50 PM
Man, I tell ya!

I'm starting to get a sense for those of you who don't get Pond Boss magazine delivered very early compared to the rest of us.

This TV thing is way worse. Not getting to see our leader in his TV debut is harsh.

I think I've lined up a source who's going to send me a bootleg copy through the underground. He's going to make a trip to Europe and mail it from there to disguise the paper trail.

When asked about it during the inevitable upcoming congressional inquiry, my reply will be "I have no recollection of ever receiving a bootleg copy of anything, Senator."
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 06:43 PM
I tried to pick the show up on my Son's new-fangled crystal radio set; no dice. \:\(

Of course, "Hi-Tech" Guvnor Davidson is still trying to get that TV he bought to work on propane. :rolleyes:
Posted By: burgermeister Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 06:51 PM
Did ja have the antenne pointed t'ward RFD Mayberry?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 07:46 PM
Propane? Heck, I was trying to rub 2 flint rocks together to make enough fire to even get TV.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 07:58 PM
I have DVD copies I'll have them posted on E-bay latter today. Limited supply get them before there gone.Buy now price is 5$

shipping is 999$
Posted By: Farm Pond Gal Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 08:34 PM
I caught the second half of the show after I got home from work. I thought it was great! Was this a one time thing or is it going to be a weekly show?
Posted By: jims place Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 08:55 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by burgermeister:
Did ja have the antenne pointed t'ward RFD Mayberry?
My only problem was getting the wife to stand still while she was on the roof of the house holding the rabbit ear antenna, bout 9:00 I went to bed in the shed.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 11:38 PM
good one, rt. Can I give you my Fed Ex. acct. #?
I guess you're not set up for that type transaction! Sounds like Sunil may play, though.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/05/07 11:42 PM
They have TV's that run on propane now?

What next?...Phones without cords?

Posted By: Brettski Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 12:48 AM

Posted By: claybird Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 01:01 AM
Welcome Farm Pond Gal! May we refer to you as FPG? You have a very knowledgeable neighbor in Sunil from Somerset, although I have no idea how close you actually are to him. As far as I know, the Purina show with Bob Lusk was a one-shot deal, but I am sure they are talking about other deals...
Posted By: Farm Pond Gal Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 02:26 AM
FPG is good with me! Our pond is actually located just north of McConnellsburg in Fulton County, PA. Bedford County lies between Fulton and Somerset. I am not sure the actual mileage.
It appears that there are many knowledgeable people here, I'm glad I'm aboard.

FPG
Posted By: DJT Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 02:28 AM
Looked forward to the show all week then Monday afternoon the late shift guy called in sick to work. Had to work 12 hr shift and missed it. I called my mom who also has direct TV and asked her to tape it so hopefully she got it.

Maybe it could become a regularly scheduled show. MTV could pick it up and call it "Pimp My Pond".

Or maybe not. \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 02:28 AM
Sunil - Do you have color?
Posted By: GW Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 02:45 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by DJT:
"Pimp My Pond".

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 10:25 AM
Does Sunil have color? Man, Sunil passed color years ago and went straight into psychadelic. Has a new Kid every year or so.
Posted By: Sunil Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 12:42 PM
Dude, dude, uhhhh dude....what's color????

Dude, the last time I saw colors was at Budokhan....the lights man, the lights....uhhhhhhhh.....
Posted By: Dwight Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 03:27 PM
Sunil - I have a video router that will let you watch my Direct TV channels over the Internet. You can even control my Direct TV receiver over the Internet.

The Budokhan High price I would charge you is prohibitive in view of what a Direct TV subscription costs.

It would also require an upgrade to your 5 ¼” floppy drive.

[img]http://www.bremerpond.com/eatfloppy[1].jpg[/img]
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/06/07 05:26 PM
There's an upgrade to a 5 1/4 inch floppy?????
Posted By: Sunil Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/18/07 01:29 AM
Thank you to Bing for sending me a VHS copy of Bob's TV debut. I got to watch it over yesterday and today.

He did great and actually fielded the majority of the callers' questions.

If anyone would like me to send along the VHS tape that Bing so kindly sent to me, just PM me your mailing info. and I'll send it along.

Only requirement is that you have to send it to someone else after you're done with it.
Posted By: Sunil Re: RFD-TV Monday Night Live - 06/18/07 01:48 AM
Bruce claimed it.
© Pond Boss Forum