Pond Boss
Posted By: heybud Catfishin Snake - 01/20/07 02:50 PM
This snake must have been hungry.

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/20/07 02:57 PM

Posted By: Quigibo Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/20/07 11:01 PM
Shoot the snake and have catfish and rattler dinner. \:\) \:\) As the saying goes 2 birds one stone

was this at your pond?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/21/07 03:14 AM
Sheesh!

1. I'm sure glad my pond is a long ways from yours.

2. I don't think I'd care to go skinny dippin in your pond.

3. I think I'd post more "No Snakes Allowed" signs.

And, I'm curious. Just what would some of you do if you happened to hook a big old sneaky snake like that while trying to catch a nice finny Sunday dinner?

Good fishn'
Catmandoo
Posted By: heybud Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/22/07 06:19 PM
Quigibo, This was a picture someone sent me. If it was at my place, I would be selling by now.
Posted By: Victor Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/22/07 06:24 PM
I am saving the picture to go on my "Swim and fish at your own risk" sign. Perfect!
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/24/07 05:12 PM
Jeepers, what kinda snake is that? Accordin' to the wife, he'd be the "bad" kind...alive.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/24/07 09:45 PM
I think it is a diamondback water snake. Non-venemous. Here is a link to an image:
http://72.14.209.104/search?sourceid=nav...mondbackWS.html
Posted By: Texas Grey Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/25/07 02:44 AM
They also smell like 4 day old hog guts and will bite till snot runs.....but as Sue says non-venemous.

Infection is what you need to watch.
Posted By: bobad Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/25/07 12:12 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Grey:
Infection is what you need to watch.
The mouth is what you need to watch! If you happen upon a gravid female looking for a place to lay eggs, they will sometimes rear up and chase you. That's the only snake that has ever chased me. Most pond dwellers... even the ugly ones... do more good than harm. Water turkeys are a rare exception. \:\)
Posted By: BarO Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/26/07 02:36 AM
Hey Bobad ...... you did mean the "non-human" pond dwellers, huh? \:D
Posted By: Sunil Re: Catfishin Snake - 01/26/07 03:23 AM
I wonder (assuming the fish was still alive) if the cat could dive down and drown the snake.
Posted By: J. E. Craig Re: Catfishin Snake - 03/12/07 11:26 AM
Some snakes can hold their breath for more than half an hour.
Posted By: big_pond Re: Catfishin Snake - 03/20/07 02:07 AM
This is got to be one of the saddest pictures I'v seen on here!!! Its a Blue too!!! Swim away FISH!!! Swim Away!!!! Drive down deeper!!! Swim away!!
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Catfishin Snake - 03/28/07 12:12 AM
Chock one up for the catfish. I was watching my 1/2 lb CC eat yesterday morning when this little water snake about 8" sticks his head out of the water and is sticking his tongue out at me. While I was watching to see what he was up to a CC came up and grabbed him by the head and ate him. Wish I had the video rolling, it was pretty funny to watch. :p
Posted By: big_pond Re: Catfishin Snake - 03/28/07 01:29 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by FamilyTradition:
Chock one up for the catfish. I was watching my 1/2 lb CC eat yesterday morning when this little water snake about 8" sticks his head out of the water and is sticking his tongue out at me. While I was watching to see what he was up to a CC came up and grabbed him by the head and ate him. Wish I had the video rolling, it was pretty funny to watch. :p
Huuurray!!! I wish you had a vidoe of this too!!
© Pond Boss Forum