Pond Boss
Posted By: listo F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/19/06 02:39 PM
Could someone please tell me how much F1's (LMB)go for these days? I know someone who is interested in all sizes ranging from 1-10 lbs (she's well off, I must add). Any info would be great. thanks.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/19/06 04:15 PM
Overton fisheries has them for $2.75 in the 5-7 inch range. They probably have some bigger. You can call or send todd a IM on here. I think his screenname is overtonfisheries. http://www.overtonfisheries.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=261
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/19/06 04:19 PM
If you can find them greater than 1.25 lbs please post it here. I do nto know a source of larger F1's. Tood if got em call me.
Posted By: csmith Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/19/06 11:36 PM
I know a gentleman in Southern Oklahoma who has all you want @apprx 3 pounds each. They are feed trained and sell for $6/Pound. He will have a few in the four pound class by early june.
Posted By: overtonfisheries Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/20/06 03:47 AM
All our 1#+ F1 bass are currently held by deposit. We have many 5"-7" fish at the moment and thinking about growing them out to the 1-2 lb range. Greg email me if you'd like to discuss some larger F1s in the future.

We'll have fingerlings from this year's spawn... ready to stock in late May/early June.

As far as I know, there aren't any legitimate F1 bass being produced by Inslee's farm in southern Oklahoma, but I could be wrong.
Posted By: csmith Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/20/06 04:15 AM
When you say legitimate, what exactly does that mean? Is it the particular % of a northern bass crossed with the % of a florida strain. Just curious.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/20/06 02:20 PM
OVerton check your email, thanks
Posted By: overtonfisheries Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/20/06 04:21 PM
When I say legitimate, I mean a pure strain certified florida bass crossed with a northern strain bass. I just doubt that many fish farms north of Texas have pure strains of Florida bass because of the threat of winter die-off.

Again....I could be wrong about it and am not trying to discourage purchasing from any fish those farms.
Posted By: listo Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/20/06 07:42 PM
What would you (anyone) predict a 10# F1 would cost?
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/21/06 12:51 PM
I really do not know but here is my only example. I have bought fish from Florida I easily sold any bass over 5 lbs for $20/lb plus a pickup fee of $250 spread amongest the clients. It cost alot of money to grow a bas that size.
Posted By: Schroeder Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/21/06 02:42 PM
Greg - Did you really mean to say $20 PER POUND, as in $120 for a 6 pounder? Wow!
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/21/06 10:53 PM
Sounds crazy I know. ALso that was about 3 years ago. I bet I could make about 5 phone calls and sell all the 6 lb bass I can get my hands on for $150 each. The clients with deep ockets do not have patience. However if you think about what it cost to grow a bass that big???
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/21/06 10:58 PM
I'd be scared to calculate what it costs to grow even a 1 pound bluegill. Those prices on high quality LMB do not surprise me in the least. Probably well worth it for quite a few people. The nice thing about Pond Boss and the website is that it gives some of us a chance to grow fish this big in our own ponds. Everybody wins!
Posted By: ewest Re: F1 (tiger) LMB pricing??? - 03/22/06 01:49 AM
We need to get Bob on here and let him tell the story of the client he had that was in a hurry for a lake full of big fish. Can you say chaa--ching several times real fast!!!
© Pond Boss Forum