Pond Boss
Posted By: Chris Shrader Scott Trava.... - 01/26/04 02:01 AM
Scott was just checking out your site and noticed you sold eels and bullheads. I was wondering if you had any buyers...and if so why? I'll be honest and say I've never fished for eels before. Are they a popular gamefish where you are?
Posted By: swampstalker Re: Scott Trava.... - 01/26/04 02:38 AM
Eels are great bait for large stripers, catfish and sometimes LMB. Hard to tell when you are getting a bite. You have to wait till you see the line running away.
Posted By: big_pond Re: Scott Trava.... - 01/26/04 02:46 AM
swampstalker,
Where is your webisite? What do you charge for your Eels? What do you recomend for stocking rates?
Posted By: Chris Shrader Re: Scott Trava.... - 01/26/04 03:02 AM
swampstalker...

I've heard of them used as bait for big stripers...just not in my area that I know of. But Scott had them posted under Gamefish....

So I was just wondering details about them (although I'm not interested in them for my pond).

Chris
Posted By: Scott Trava Re: Scott Trava.... - 01/26/04 02:23 PM
Yes we stock eels in most of the ponds and lakes up here they do move from one neighbor to the next , but people love to catch them and they are great eating. Bullheads are a must up here for bass food they keep coming back every year and never overpopulate most ponds or lakes.
Yes eels are used for bait in the hudson most common size used is 8 to 14". Also thousand islands for pike and muskie. Most of the men around here give them to their mother inlaws for valentines day!
Posted By: Chris Shrader Re: Scott Trava.... - 01/26/04 03:23 PM
Wow! Would of never of guessed that. How big do those things get? And what do they eat?

Chris
© Pond Boss Forum