Pond Boss
Posted By: Corkman Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 01:17 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone here that helped me (a pond rookie) through the process of building and stocking my pond over the last year and half or so. I need to especially thank catmandoo and CJBS2003 for all the private messages back and forth. It took a few tries to get some things through my thick head. I also need to thank esshup for helping with some awesome feed and feeders. Here is a picture of a LMB my son caught this week. We stocked them 5 months ago and they were 4" long. To me they look like they are doing well.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 01:22 AM
Outstanding! Well Done!
Good job!
Posted By: beastman Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 02:10 AM
Very nice, what are you feeding? How often? Is that a top water popper , one of my favorite ways to catch a bass....
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 02:31 AM
You are proof that feeding them gets them growing really well. Good job following our instructions.
Posted By: esshup Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 02:52 AM
It's great to see the results of good planning and execution!
Posted By: Bocomo Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 03:10 AM
Awesome! That dock looks nice, too.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 04:24 AM
Cat and Travis are great resources and great guys - good to see your success. Congrats and stick around and keep us in the loop!
Posted By: ewest Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 03:11 PM
Congrats ! Well done. That is one of the primary reasons the Forum exists.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 04:21 PM
Nice job !! Bout the same thing happened to my pond. After the second yr I had some really nice YP and HSB. The third yr I got 8 pellet trained SMB and 8 WE which all have grown well. If I hadn't stumbled onto this site It scares me to think of how bad I would have messed it up. So dittos to all the intelligent and sharing folks that are always happy to help us less informed.
Posted By: TKD Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/25/16 07:08 PM
How many 4" LMB did you put in and how big is the pond? Thanks,
Posted By: Corkman Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/26/16 01:50 AM
We put 200 LMB and it's a 4 acre pond.
Posted By: Corkman Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/26/16 01:58 AM
beastman, I started off feeding lil strike and now I'm feeding Optimal Bluegill Fish food. I started with one Texas Hunter fish feeder and have since added a second one. I'm not sure on the amount of food I just kind of let the fish tell me without over feeding hopefully. I think they would eat 50 pounds a day but I'm probably feeding more like 4 or 5 pounds a day if that. Yes that's a popper.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/26/16 01:04 PM
Congratulations, Corkman it's a great feeling isn't it? Although the folks here on the forum DO want you to ask more!

I was in the same boat 4 years ago and yesterday caught this after being stocked 9-1-12 at 5-7":

At the rate you're going with that incredible growth in 5 months, you'll have trophies in no time! Great looking LMB!

Keep sharing your successes (with pics smile ), keep asking questions, keep up the good work, and if you want to try to give back to the forum and these great folks helping us, subscribe and donate when you can.

PS - Unintentional advertisement with the yardstick shocked
Posted By: SetterGuy Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/26/16 01:27 PM
Wow! Lovinlivin, that is a nice fish! Bet it was a hoot to bring in. Four years ago. Hope my little pond can produce something that big in a few years..
Posted By: Shorty Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/26/16 03:11 PM
Dang it, I may have to stock as few of those.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/26/16 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: SetterGuy
Wow! Lovinlivin, that is a nice fish! Bet it was a hoot to bring in. Four years ago. Hope my little pond can produce something that big in a few years..

SetterGuy,

I see your pond is 1 acre don't worry my friend you can do it. My pond is 1 acre as well. I stocked these 2 fish in 2012. The LMB is almost 5 lbs and the HSB is 4 and a half pounds. So it can be done.

Posted By: SetterGuy Re: Thanks!!!! I couldn't ask for more. - 08/27/16 02:09 AM
Nice! I've got a feeder running, and a lot of FHM, and small GSH running around. Hopefully they'll get nice and big like those two..
Thanks
© Pond Boss Forum