Pond Boss
Posted By: Tbar Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/05/15 08:45 PM
How much water have your ponds lost?

Mine is down about 12" since Sept 9th.
Posted By: Zep Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/05/15 09:17 PM
Tbar....sorry I am not much help. My pond is down, but last month they lowered the pond because I had to have the main drain pipe completely replaced. Free water pipe from Lake Tawakoni should help and hopefully we'll see some rain soon.

Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/05/15 09:25 PM
I'm down about 2-3 feet since July 1st.
Posted By: stickem' Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/05/15 09:52 PM
Down about a foot...maybe more. We had 2 1/4" inches of rain last week. But, that did not help the issue.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/05/15 09:57 PM
12" here.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/05/15 09:59 PM
About 4 ft. No rain in almost 3 months.
Posted By: Primo Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/06/15 03:27 AM
Down 3' since late June. 1 hour east of Dallas
Posted By: Boburk Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/06/15 04:48 AM
After the may rains I was probably at 10-12 feet at the deepest point in my little pond. it is probably 3 ft deep now.

I spent the weekend deer hunting...EVERYTHING I took out there is coated in dust. Places where the river flooded over it's banks are still all cracked up (not enough rain to level the soil or to make anything grow on it).

Soilfloc should be here tomorrow, and I will see if I have enough garden hose to empty a rain catch tank i have into the pond. I think the tank has about 1500 gallons in it. Won't cure anything, but 1500 more gallons for the fish to swim in...

Sean
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/06/15 06:10 AM
No rain here since late April... Pond down over 2'....
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/06/15 11:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Zep
Tbar....sorry I am not much help. My pond is down, but last month they lowered the pond because I had to have the main drain pipe completely replaced. Free water pipe from Lake Tawakoni should help and hopefully we'll see some rain soon.

Zep, free water pipe from lake Tawakoni ? Was that a five finger discount? smile
And my pond is down about 18" from normal pool and down about 2.5' from high water mark from last May.

Tracy
Posted By: Cisco Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/06/15 12:57 PM
I'm down about 2' out west.
Posted By: Zep Re: Texas Pond Owners........ - 10/06/15 01:12 PM
Originally Posted By: TGW1
Zep, free water pipe from lake Tawakoni? Was that a five finger discount? smile

LoL....no the original land owners whose land the water pipe crossed to get the line to the City of Wills Point got a free tap into the water line forever. It's not a lot of water...pressure varies a bit...but it runs pretty much 24/7 and for free I'm not complaining.

© Pond Boss Forum