Pond Boss
Posted By: wowens1604 Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/11/15 07:19 PM
Thanks for everyone's advise on where to sink the trees. We put most of them in areas of 6-8 ft of water close to spawning areas. Hopefully this will help.

We did put a pile in about 12ft of water around some offshore structure that holds fish. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

We sank a total of about 150 trees. We had a couple of 12ft trees that to 5 blocks to sink. According to a comment in my previous post I've only got 43,700 trees to go. grin

Attached are some picks of our tree barge, it's part of a floating dock that works great for this. It gives us an 8x24' platform, tied off to my boat and drug around the lake.

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/11/15 09:35 PM
I wouldn't worry about trying to provide brush piles to the entire lake. Just key areas and map where you drop them so you'll know where to fish at.
Posted By: ewest Re: Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/13/15 08:14 PM
See the archive for examples.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92463#Post92463
Posted By: Sunil Re: Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/13/15 10:03 PM
It will certainly pay dividends....

....and French Benefits.
Posted By: wowens1604 Re: Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/14/15 03:26 PM
I think we will see lots of fish around them. I'm going to try to get out this weekend, and get some side image shots of them, and see how they look. It will be interesting to see if any fish have found them yet.

We are also planning a neighborhood fishing tourney, with prize being for the most bass under 16" fish, to help with our culling efforts.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/14/15 09:18 PM
wowens1604, what you guys are doing is amazing. Getting a group of people to do something that makes the whole community better is hard to do. You guys are doing it.
Posted By: ewest Re: Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/15/15 07:57 PM
A couple of weeks after the tree was put in :

Posted By: wowens1604 Re: Sank a bunch of trees yesterday - 01/16/15 02:20 PM
Firelshot, its pretty cool, that we have people willing to help out, the crazy thing is out of 2000 homes, we only had 5 people show up to help out, although we did have 150 trees brought to the lake.

There are about 100 people that have boat stickers, but very seldom are there more than 2-3 boats on the lake on a Saturday, in the spring there will be 6-7 boats. There are many days I can go out and have the lake to myself. It's pretty nice, there is no way I could ever afford to have a lake this size.

Thanks again for all the advice and encouragement!
© Pond Boss Forum