Pond Boss
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 03:21 AM
Has anyone noticed a significant decline in forum participation the last couple months? Seems like whenever I log on there are only a handful of registered users online. I don't recall this seasonal absence in the past...is it just me or do others notice this?

I hope things pick up once Spring comes around...it's kinda creepy when I log around 11 and there are no registered users...just me and a bunch of spiders. Travis used to be on all night!

Weird.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 03:31 AM
Newer forum software times people out I think. So you are seing less for different reasons.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 03:31 AM
I'll bet it's the time of year. Not a lot going on in ponds this time of year.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 03:36 AM
We were just avoiding you, TJ.

Sorry you had to go and make it all awkward now!!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 03:48 AM
Pieces are falling into place now...that makes sense.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 04:03 AM
TJ, it's been dead as a door nail lately. Half the country snowed in, half the country in a drought, and the third half waiting for the Spring algae to pop up.

We went from 20 to 75 in a little over a week. I spent my morning watching my CNBG chow down for the first time in 3 months. I think things will pick up soon, at least I hope they do.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 04:18 AM
That's awesome on the CSBG! I think we'll have ice out by the weekend - hit 60 Monday, 70 today. Had 8" Saturday, but believe the end is nigh. Can't wait to get feeding again...been a long Winter up here.

Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 04:35 AM
TJ, I have to admit I'm enjoying the newest trick my LMB have learned. Last Fall they started hovering around the feeders about thirty minutes before they threw, and I was throwing 4 times a day. These LMB were uncatchable. I threw everything from pellet flies to 6" swimbaits. Nothing.

So, the second the feeders throw, the CNBG go into a feeding frenzy and the LMB literally blow them out of the water feeding on them. I guess the CNBG are distracted and it may be the coolest thing I've ever seen. So, I guess my LMB are in fact feed trained. They did the same thing this morning after 3 months of being in the deeper water, and nowhere to be found.
Posted By: Fullpond Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 04:38 AM
Winter is not over for me TJ. We will be driving out on 30" of ice a week from today. Offer is still open if you can shake away a few days. Brent
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 05:36 AM
Pretty cool Al - I want to see that. You'll have to nose hook a live BG to get in on the action?

Brent - thanks for the invite, I'll do my best. I just drained my auger and packed all my gear Sunday...but, it's still accessible!
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 07:19 AM
Im a night owl as well due to work hours and have noticed a lot less on at night. Usually tj, hang loose, sometimes esshup. I think the new software does have something to do with it as it does not show me as logged in sometimes when I in fact am. Also the hard winter we are having probably has something to do with it

. I think if I had to choose between staying warm with a lady friend this winter and pond boss lurking the lady friend wins.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 12:05 PM
WRF, I think you're correct about the new software. I've been getting logged off, but I still show up on the "who's online" cell. I know they'll figure it out, but it's got to be in the cookie or session handling somewhere.
Posted By: esshup Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 01:48 PM
Sherrie said the logging off problem that people were/are having is a cookie problem, and UBB was working on it.

Al, you are pellet feeding the LMB - just a little bit more indirectly.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 01:50 PM
Texas Hunting and Fishing Forums have the same issue.
Posted By: RER Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 01:59 PM
I have been posting vidoes of me realeasing shiners and mullet just to try to entertain you....
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 02:24 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Al, you are pellet feeding the LMB - just a little bit more indirectly.

I wasn't happy about it the first time I saw it, but then I remembered the only reason I'm feeding the CNBG is for forage anyway.

Most of the CNBG getting eaten are smaller (4-5"), so I'm fine with that. I've only seen one XXL CNBG popped, and it looked like a tarpon surfaced when he got got.
Posted By: JKB Re: Is it just me....? - 02/19/14 09:19 PM
It's been slow and the "whose online" has always worked the way it is.

No issues with ever being randomly logged off.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Is it just me....? - 02/21/14 11:42 PM
Apparently GLOA (getting logged off automatically) only occurs within a certain set of software/browser/system security combinations.

Myriad variables make for the most difficult of trouble shooting scenarios on the planet. The difficultly is compounded if you include the moon and adjacent planets.

Upon further review, "Who's Online" was set to 30 minutes. Meaning, if you haven't typed or moused something for 30 minutes you won't show up as being on line. I believe that used to be set at 90 minutes. I set it back to 90 so TJ won't be so lonely (in his own mind).

Posted By: the stick Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 12:14 AM
I used to be able to log in, click the "remember me" button and was remembered every time I went to the Pond Boss. That no longer works that way, and has not for about 3-4 weeks. So yes, I have to go through the log in process every time. I wonder what changed all of a sudden to make this function quit functioning?
Posted By: esshup Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 04:25 AM
It remembers me if I don't shut off the computer.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Dwight
...Myriad variables make for the most difficult of trouble shooting scenarios on the planet. The difficultly is compounded if you include the moon and adjacent planets...

Dwight, truer words have never been spoken. Even problems that are consistently inconsistent are easier to solve. In my previous life, having about 300 PC's that had the same OS, the same updates, and the same browsers made things much easier to troubleshoot.
Posted By: snrub Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 01:49 PM
Originally Posted By: the stick
I used to be able to log in, click the "remember me" button and was remembered every time I went to the Pond Boss. That no longer works that way, and has not for about 3-4 weeks. So yes, I have to go through the log in process every time. I wonder what changed all of a sudden to make this function quit functioning?

I'm not a computer expert but one difference could be how you have your computer set to handle cookies. If a spyware or anti-virus program has recently been installed, windows cookies settings changed, or a clean up program automatically gets rid of cookies, those are some of the reasons your log in might not be remembered or only remembered while the computer is on. Your browser could also have specific settings limiting cookies. I can not remember where I saw it, but there is at least one place where a person can put exceptions so that a certain web site cookies are allowed while others might be rejected or deleted after a session.

I am talking at least a grade above my pay scale on computers, but that is one area that can make a difference. I'm using FireFox and I get remembered each time the computer fires up. The exception is if I run Spybot and tell it to get rid of cookies. Then I have to re-login and I am good till I run the Spybot program again.

Cookies handling may be the key to why it works for some and not for others.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 02:12 PM
Speaking of Cookies, I just downloaded the song "Don't Say Nothing Bad About My Baby" to my ipod.
Posted By: JKB Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Speaking of Cookies

I like homemade chocolate chip.
Posted By: JKB Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 02:38 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
It remembers me if I don't shut off the computer.

I don't want it to remember me so I have things set to blow stuff away when I close the browser.

One of our suppliers, even tho I blow stuff away and do cleanups, their site always remembers me.

Only works on my desktop puter which has a static IP on our network. No clue as to how they do it tho.
Posted By: snrub Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 02:38 PM
That is normally the kind of cookies I concern myself with, rather than computer cookies. The computer stuff I usually learn the hard way and more than I really ever wanted to know about the subject.
Posted By: JKB Re: Is it just me....? - 02/22/14 03:30 PM
Just be thankful you don't have any automation control software on your computer. Talk about conflicts and things breaking wink
Posted By: the stick Re: Is it just me....? - 03/07/14 03:31 AM
The problem is still there. Tonight to get to the user list, I had to log in, log in again, and finally on another page log in again.
In the old days you could log in, and unless you did a restart or the power failed you stayed logged in. Am I the only one out there having troubles???
Posted By: highflyer Re: Is it just me....? - 03/07/14 03:53 AM
TJ, some of it is the new software, some of it is the time of year and the events of this year. I have been very busy personally so I have been mostly gone, but I hope to be back more now that things are getting back towards normal.

I am remembered even if I reboot!! I am using Chrome on my Mac. And I like it this way!!
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Is it just me....? - 03/07/14 05:46 AM
i have found problem still remains although I find it happens less when using firefox as my browser vs chrome
© Pond Boss Forum