Pond Boss
Posted By: Blaine Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 12:54 PM
3/4" of driving rain and wind obliterated the 2' ring of algae on my pond last night. I mean that it even scrubbed the stuff from between the grass blades. I don't even see it resting on the bottom. My pond looks awesome!

Then again... Maybe it was the tilapia that Rex stocked this past weekend. wink Same thing happened the last time Rex stocked tilapia in my pond.
Posted By: esshup Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 12:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Blaine
3/4" of driving rain and wind obliterated the 2' ring of algae on my pond last night. I mean that it even scrubbed the stuff from between the grass blades. I don't even see it resting on the bottom. My pond looks awesome!

Then again... Maybe it was the tilapia that Rex stocked this past weekend. wink Same thing happened the last time Rex stocked tilapia in my pond.

You mean that Res stocking Tilapia creates a driving rain? grin He should start going to Texas! Yesterday I had 1" of rain in less than an hour, and looking at the raday, a lot more fell yesterday afternoon/evening. I'll know more tomorrow after I get home. Is your pond up and full now?
Posted By: Omaha Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:07 PM
No pictures? Blaine, you know better than that man! wink
Posted By: Blaine Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:09 PM
Esshup,

Not to brag, but my pond is always full. I'm blessed with plenty of watershed and a tile fed creek that originates on my land. When I built it 5 years ago it took exactly 3 months to fill! All 3.5M gallons of it!
Posted By: Blaine Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:12 PM
Josh,

You know my situation on that. I have to relearn how to post photos plus I have to try and remember my user name and password on photobucket. Soon, soon.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:20 PM
Josh,

You know my situation on that. I have to relearn how to post photos plus I have to try and remember my user name and password on photobucket. Soon, soon.

I thought you got it figured out? In the meantime, shoot me an email with them and I'll put them up. jmilczski@gmail.com
Posted By: Blaine Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:31 PM
Sent Josh.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:38 PM

Posted By: esshup Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:44 PM
Nice!!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:45 PM

Posted By: Blaine Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 01:51 PM
Thanks Josh!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 02:00 PM
Thanks Josh!

Word.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 03:03 PM
After quite a few dry years, the last couple have been normal and above normal in precipitation. Correspondingly the pond has risen and has stabilized at the 24 to 30 inch level on the depth tube. The Barge and ramp are now pretty much level where the ramp used to have a considerable downward slope.

I need to rework the beach!

Posted By: ewest Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/26/11 05:42 PM
Spawning fish will love that underwater beach. Looks good.
Posted By: the stick Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/27/11 12:37 PM
Time spent and work done on your floating dock was well worth the effort.
Posted By: esshup Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/27/11 12:52 PM
3" of rain here on Wed and Thurs. (combined)
Posted By: RAH Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/27/11 01:22 PM
Ya - We have a wetland project being built on our place. The machines are parked on top of the stockpile of dirt.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Gotta love that driving rain - 05/27/11 03:24 PM
Send us some without the whirly winds.
© Pond Boss Forum