Pond Boss
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Post Count - 01/17/11 05:42 AM
How in the H*ll do people have 5-6000 post in just a couple years? Just wondering..
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 06:30 AM
They spent way too much time on here...
Posted By: esshup Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 06:48 AM
laugh Yep! It also helps when you can type with 8 fingers and a thumb, not hunt and peck.....
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 01:16 PM
junkies
Posted By: jsand13 Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 01:20 PM
I was wondering the same thing! I try to post as much as I can but just dont have that many answers or questions.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 04:12 PM
Got a few post whores around here. laugh blush
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 04:18 PM
How do you have 6000 post in under 2 years CJBS2003. That equals like 20 a day?
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 04:19 PM
I think i figured it out.. Triple post everything from now on lol..
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 04:20 PM
Also guys like Theo with the most, I barely see them post anything..
Posted By: Omaha Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 04:29 PM
Guys like Theo and Bruce used to be around much more often than they are anymore. They peek their heads in every once in a while, but obviously not near as much as they used to. frown
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 04:29 PM
for me four years ago I was more active. Strong desire to get the proper info to folks asking. Now the information coming from several sources is spot on so not as much reason to post just read.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 05:31 PM
Greg also is speaking for me. Now, there is so much good information here from so many sources that I just don't seem to post as much as in the past. I still check in essentially every day, unless on vacation or something.

However, by adding this chatty little post, I got to up my count by one, eh?? smile
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 05:37 PM
My life took some interesting turns the last two years, but I still check in every day. I plan on being more active in the future. This place is like a drug.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 05:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
My life took some interesting turns the last two years, but I still check in every day. I plan on being more active in the future. This place is like a drug.

Rehab?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller

If you've seen pictures of him, he is quite healthy looking. I think posting on the forum is his answer to donuts when he is on stakeout all night. grin

Actually, knowing the territory he works, it is hard to understand how he has any time to even think about posting or eating donuts.
Posted By: JKB Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 07:00 PM
I use to count posts... on the way to school on the school bus. 9.5 miles to school took us 45 minutes through farm country, and there were a heck of a lot of posts!

The real challenge was to count as many posts in rows that ran perpendicular to the road you were traveling before you passed them. I must say, I got pretty good laugh
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Post Count - 01/17/11 07:13 PM
And have you noticed that in each of your posts, there are an additional 2 posts? You should get triple credit each time you post a post! grin
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 02:43 AM
Back when I was sure that I knew what I was talking about, I posted a lot more. Then, as I kept learning more I realized just how little I knew. Thus, I'm sometimes reluctant to give advice. There are also regional differences to "ponding" that keep me from giving advice unless someone is "frum aroun hyar".

Want a dose of humility? Keep watching Doc Willis say "We really don't know.". Remembering that occasionally keeps my foot out of my mouth.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 07:15 AM
I work the midnight shift. On nights like this one where everything is covered in a 1/3" of ice, other than the accidents it's quiet. So I burn time on here. On nights off ain't much going on late at night. Infomercials are boring to watch and there are only so many bullets one can reload. In the summer I do some night fishing. Most game wardens don't approve of deer hunting at night... Plus, I am only 30 with no kids. Not many responsiibilities eating my time up. Check out Dwight's old post from about a year ago. He must have gotten an A in stat class!

I am sure I've given bad advice, Bill Cody has let me know more than once... HAHA I post much less than I used to. I had JHAP scared to death for a while, I doubt I'll pass him now.
Posted By: ewest Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 02:25 PM
All you guys could answer a few more questions (and have). The support would be most welcome. There is a lot to keep up with !!!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 02:43 PM
I try to answer questions if I have some experience in the subject, otherwise I try to keep my foot out of my mouth.

This does not pertain to jokes though. grin
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 03:01 PM
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 03:01 PM
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 03:03 PM
Ah yeah the almighty 500th post.. Thanks guys I'd like to thank myself for the time I've dedicated to giving opinionated answers amateurish questions and bad jokes to the tune of 500 post..

WOOHOOO 500!!!!!!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 04:51 PM
Ahhh, the issue of post counts once again.

Did you ever wonder why Cecil Baird, Dave Davidson and George have a "1" after their names? It is not because the GSA cloned these members and was trying to keep track of which version of the member was posting (although I find that to be a reasonable theory given the recent mammoth cloning research).

The problem with the post counts is that due to an unanticipated software glitch several of this forums top posters were forced to re-register and create a new screen name a few years back, and with that event their post count was zeroed out.

Besides it's not how many posts that you make to this forum that count. It's how many good posts you make.

Take me for example. At this point I have 47 documented, certified good posts.

And that ain't bad.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 09:44 PM
NO, it's not bad at all. I'm not sure I have that many good ones.
Posted By: JKB Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 10:00 PM
Hey All, this puts me at 1000. Not that it makes any difference at all. 1500 should be the next goal with parades and such!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/18/11 10:32 PM
Round of applause for JKB.. well done sir. Someone for me too look up to smile
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Post Count - 01/28/11 03:13 PM
Newest addition to the chronic posting disease list FINDFOOLFIGHT with 100 post in 18 days pretty impressive my friend..
© Pond Boss Forum