Pond Boss
Posted By: the stick Vacation - 09/08/10 02:17 AM
I get to go with Dwight on a fishing vacation to Nest Lake in a few days. I have not fished it, Dwight has. Bad news for the fish!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Vacation - 09/08/10 12:06 PM
Have fun, guys!

Take pictures, especially of Dwight in compromising situations.
Posted By: ewest Re: Vacation - 09/08/10 02:20 PM
We require pics and fishing reports. laugh
Posted By: Brettski Re: Vacation - 09/08/10 05:38 PM
Now that Dwight has shed a few pounds, is he now allowed to sit anywhere in the boat?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Vacation - 09/09/10 12:35 AM
Is Dwight still off the beer?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Vacation - 09/09/10 02:08 AM
I think he still enjoys a few beers now and again, but maybe less than before. Really, I think dude is just working out now and thus losing weight. I pressed him to determine if the goal was to find a balance to keeping a lower weight, and still drinking a lot of beer.

He was leaning my way, but not definitively.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Vacation - 09/09/10 06:55 PM
Tell dwight we want pics using his "Small Fathead" lures!
Posted By: the stick Re: Vacation - 09/09/10 09:33 PM
I will keep these posts in mind. He is the captain on this trip so he drives the boat. Beer consumption is high on vacation.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Vacation - 09/09/10 10:06 PM
JHAP might offer to come and captain your boat, but he has a tendency to daydream and ram into bridge supports.

I think you should come up with a different title than Captain though.

Tenille
Fuzzy
C. Everett Koop (if you can get him to shave above his lip)
Posted By: the stick Re: Vacation - 09/10/10 12:53 PM
If it is your boat, you drive the gas and electric motors, you are the Captain. This is most certainly true. Otherwise it is just Dwight. I won't go into his old nick names like Blue Moon, Blue, and the Wiley Wizard.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Vacation - 09/10/10 02:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
JHAP might offer to come and captain your boat, but he has a tendency to daydream and ram into bridge supports.

That sir is a complete fabrication.

Slander I tell you.

I was not day dreaming, I was contemplating the unique ecosystem of Table Rock lake.

And besides that was a stupid, stupid place to put a bridge support. I mean what idiot would put a bridge support in the middle of a lake?

Posted By: the stick Re: Vacation - 09/11/10 02:27 AM
You were concentrating.
Posted By: the stick Re: Vacation - 09/19/10 12:04 AM
Back from our trip. Had a great time even though fishing was a little slow. Only had one rainy day. Dwight, Jeff and I wore our heavy weather gear and got out for several hours in the rain. Had our traditional big sammiches at noon and ate well in the evenings. Drank several Reyka and Rue 33 vodka martinis. Sorry I did not come through with any pictures. I was too busy relaxing.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Vacation - 09/19/10 01:58 AM
Gordy forgot to mention: fire ring, Corona, Pacifico, Budweiser, goobers, seeds, squeeze cheese, cashews, flat pretzels, SFRB-V, spiked Mikes, SMB rock pile, creek channel fishing on the outlet end, all fish supper with SMB, LMB and NP tails, water bikes, canoe, private boat lift.

As with any good fishing excursion there is a novel to be written that won't be. The memories will surface from time to time. smile
Posted By: Sunil Re: Vacation - 09/19/10 02:31 AM
Thanks guys for the lack of a whole story.
.(Sounds like it was a great time!)
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Vacation - 09/19/10 04:34 PM
Originally Posted By: the stick
.............. Sorry I did not come through with any pictures. I was too busy relaxing.

lame
Posted By: Sunil Re: Vacation - 09/19/10 04:54 PM
Yeah!

And go Steelers.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Vacation - 09/19/10 09:28 PM
go vikings eh vacation boys?
Posted By: the stick Re: Vacation - 09/20/10 12:27 AM
The best thing about going on our annual vaction is that Dwight and I could do it easily without communication to each other for a month previous the date and agreed upon coordinates. We are searching for the ultimate LMB and Crappie mid-Septmeber destination within 300 miles of home. We need a cabin with a fire ring and kitchen table that faces the lake. Is that asking too much?

The Vikings are off to a bad start!
© Pond Boss Forum