Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 01:55 AM
My other boot floated up that I lost when I fell through the ice a few weeks ago! \:o Not sure if it was just under the ice or the pier, and once it ended up in open water it was on the top, but I have two boots now!
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 01:56 AM
Thank goodness, Cecil. I'll accept ANY kind of sign that we can get out of this particular winter!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 01:58 AM
 Originally Posted By: Dave Willis
Thank goodness, Cecil. I'll accept ANY kind of sign that we can get out of this particular winter!!

Absolutely, hence getting excited by a stupid boot floating up!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 02:11 AM
I'll bet the fish are even happier to get that thing outta there.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 02:19 AM
two thumbs up cecil, glad it wasnt YOU that floated up \:D

spring coming? not here.........it snowed here again today which is RARE, and i just checked doppler, in about a half hour we are gonna get HAMMERED again today.

good news?....the pond is very full \:\)
Posted By: Cisco Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 02:25 AM
Sorry to hear about the snow there DIED. Keep it in CA. I haven't been to my place in 4 weeks and I'm hoping my pond is now full. I'm headed down this weekeend for a long weekend of sinking structure and applying some alum to clear it up. Trying to get ready for the LMB in a few months. Good luck with the weather!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 03:00 AM
 Quote:
My other boot floated up that I lost when I fell through the ice a few weeks ago!

Cecil, Good for you! I have had a few nightmares about that boot.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 03:09 AM
 Quote:
good news?....the pond is very full

Being a geologist it was your original intention to have your pond at full pool most of the time, right?
Posted By: JKB Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 03:12 AM
Now he won't look like one leg is shorter than the other while he is on a stroll \:\)

Forecast for the next 10 days is in the 40's

Today was absolutely beautiful, not a cloud in the sky.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 01:48 PM
Well, this must be treated as an omen.

I just can't get it straight though.

Is your pond having sympathy for you by saying "here, you're going to need this other boot" meaning there's more snow coming?
Posted By: RC51 Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 02:01 PM
Spring is coming! It's suppose to be 64 here saturday. And 67 on Sunday!!! Now that's what I am talking about. Fishing weather! Get those winter chores done ya'll cause it won't be long and it's going to be hard to work when all you want to do is PLAY!!! \:\)
Posted By: skinnybass Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 04:40 PM
supposed to be up to 57 here on sunday. I'm pumped. mid-40's consistently the whole week, but below freezing @ night.

I hope the warming trend is a little slower for those of you in the basin north of me....no offense, but i could really use the river road to not flood this year.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Spring is Coming! - 03/04/10 05:14 PM
Hang on DIED, it looks like more is one the way!!!
© Pond Boss Forum