Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 12:59 AM

Hint: It is powered by 110V AC \:\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 01:21 AM
I'd like to buy a vowel, or phone a friend.
Posted By: lassig Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 01:37 AM
Can I see another angle?
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 01:51 AM
First thought... oh never mind.

Second thought.... that is worse than the first.

Third thought..... why am I doing this

Final thought...... Let's just wait till he spills his guts, It will happen ;\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 01:57 AM
 Quote:
Can I see another angle?

Posted By: the stick Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 02:13 AM
Varment Lazer?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 02:16 AM
electric wood duck box
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 02:26 AM
Nuisance goose zapping Droid.
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 02:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Nuisance goose zapping Droid.

I sure hope it is a Goose Zapping Droid, New and Improved, hopefully with the new pooferringonite battery packs. Ya know, they are self recharger's.

Now tell me you have not been waiting for the technology to finally hit and the manufacturers are starting to ship? Where have you been hiding, under a zagnacalony structure \:\/ Whats up with that!
Posted By: DJT Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 03:07 AM
Smile Darlene! You are on Candid Camera.
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 03:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: DJT
Smile Darlene! You are on Candid Camera.

SHHHHH! We are trying to get a funny thread going. everyone knows it is a camera

Sure is fun to say this word zagnacalony Has all of the elements one could want in a word. I would not be surprised one bit if the Big Screen picked up on this. Could also mean in some remote language that my behind is toast.

Say it out loud, shout it with glee, merrily prance around in groups of happy people
Posted By: Brettski Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 03:39 AM
JHAP went to prom with Marcia Zagnacalony
Posted By: Rainman Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 03:41 AM
Fan cooled battery charging station....for goose droid droppings.
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/05/10 03:59 AM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski

OH NO We are still too far away to be related. Unless, that one that snuck out and never returned ended up in CA Could splain lot as Rickie said to Lucy!

I vow to fight against the GSFA with all my might. I will not succumb, and will not be taken prisoner, even though it may be that JHAP is related through a prom date! Water is even thicker with salt, that said, put em up, put em up

Still is a fun word to say, don't ya think ;\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 02:17 AM
It certainly doesn't shovel snow! That was my aerobic exercise yesterday.

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 12:40 PM
It's a heated ice chest to keep the beer from freezing and busting the bottles.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 01:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
It's a heated ice chest ...

There goes the oxymoron alarm.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 05:17 PM
Here it is temporarily (like until a warm day) installed.

Posted By: burgermeister Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 05:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: Dwight

Just the fibreglas NEMA box is worth more than my pond.
Posted By: lassig Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 07:31 PM
How about some details?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 10:54 PM

The camera is a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN (wireless 802.11n). The box is designed with passive ventilation. There is a filter in the bottom of the box that was installed after the photo was taken. The vent holes under the upper lip are drilled upward at a 45 degree angle to keep water out.

All the fancy adjustable mount stuff was modified from a left over obsolete vehicle mount that was in the Tech-Junk area.

Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 11:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: burgermeister

Just the fibreglas NEMA box is worth more than my pond.

Your pond is worth quite a bit more, it is only a NEMA 12 PVC box, which those things still cost a pile.
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/06/10 11:45 PM

The camera is a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN (wireless 802.11n). The box is designed with passive ventilation. There is a filter in the bottom of the box that was installed after the photo was taken. The vent holes under the upper lip are drilled upward at a 45 degree angle to keep water out.

All the fancy adjustable mount stuff was modified from a left over obsolete vehicle mount that was in the Tech-Junk area.

That is really cool Dwight. How are you monitoring everything in your Casa. Got it all connected to the puter's in your command station. I think if it is really cold out, and you as a manager, one would like to remotely monitor conditions. Just don't come up with something that would facilitate the making of eggs, bacon and hot buttered toast. That would lure too many out of a safe and warm condition, and they may even try it. MMMMMMM bacon!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 12:01 AM
Just for you, Dwight.
Posted By: ewest Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 01:33 AM
I wonder what some solar interference will do to all the gear around Dwight's.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 01:35 AM
What are you filming Dwight, UFO's? There can't be much going on in the dead of winter in Minnesota out in the country!

Or did I miss something?
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 01:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

That was Classic Theo, I really enjoyed hearing Styx again. Now I will have Styx burnout in a day or so. Running through your head as you are trying to wake up. Once I become semi-conscious I try to shift my mind to Gregorian Chants, or Phil Collins and Genesis works quite well. I would do Pink Floyd, but it looses all credibility in the morning

I sure hope I did not do any damage to anyone with the "Muskrat Love" song. I actually bought the LP when I was about 11 years old, because it was cool and hip.

Sorry!
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 03:16 AM
JKB, I think Burger & I were the most effected by the mention of "Muskrat Love" and the lovely Toni.
No need to apologize, in fact thank you! Now I've got to go back for one for "hit".
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 04:00 AM
Yes. thanks alot. I wake up, eat meals and go to bed for the last 2 wks. with "Sam is so skinny" reverberating in my head. Again, thanks.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 11:10 AM
Theo, I figure that heated ice chests aren't an oxymoron around Dwights neighborhood.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 04:21 PM

These are some snapshots from the video camera. They cover a time frame from 5:03 PM through 5:56 PM yesterday. There was snow storm on going and you can see the snow falling if you look closely, especially towards the end of time lapse period.

This is an animated GIF file of the time lapse sequence. The sequence takes place from the end of day light through to darkness. It takes a while to download, but once it does, it goes into a continuous loop. Be careful that you don’t zone out watching it over and over.

Tell us what you see happening…… Time Lapse 010610
Posted By: the stick Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 04:23 PM
Cecil, there is a lot to veiw: Ice pack, open water area around the barge, dock, goose light, underwater lights, barge, storage chest, the weather, and cats. There is audio so you can hear the wind blow, and hopefully the waves if we ever get open water again.

Posted By: ewest Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 04:41 PM
You mean zone out like this :

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/badgers/
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 05:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: the stick
Cecil, there is a lot to veiw: Ice pack, open water area around the barge, dock, goose light, underwater lights, barge, storage chest, the weather, and cats. There is audio so you can hear the wind blow, and hopefully the waves if we ever get open water again.

I don't buy it. I think Dwight saw a UFO and wants to get it on film next time.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 05:10 PM
I would need to add some sound to get to that zoning level!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 05:52 PM

Rumors of my involvement with Marcia Zagnacalony have been highly exaggerated. I did not have prom with that girl.

Actually, I googled zagnacalony. I figured it was some highly technical scientific term that I did't know. Google looped me back to this thread. JKB posts the word on the 4th and it's google-able on the 7th. Dang, I'm thinking big brother IS watching. Which of course brings be back on topic. 5 computer monitors, remote cameras, tons of techie stuff.

I'm beginning to think Dwight IS big brother.

As an also and besides "pooferringonite " links you back here as well.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 07:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

Ahh, to think what might have happened if you'd never met Marcia Zagnacalony.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 07:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
 Originally Posted By: the stick

I don't buy it. I think Dwight saw a UFO and wants to get it on film next time.

Cecil is fixated on UFOs again. The street lights must have a halo around them.
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 07:29 PM

Rumors of my involvement with Marcia Zagnacalony have been highly exaggerated. I did not have prom with that girl.

Actually, I googled zagnacalony. I figured it was some highly technical scientific term that I did't know. Google looped me back to this thread. JKB posts the word on the 4th and it's google-able on the 7th. Dang, I'm thinking big brother IS watching. Which of course brings be back on topic. 5 computer monitors, remote cameras, tons of techie stuff.

I'm beginning to think Dwight IS big brother.

I did not think her first name was Marcia either. Zagnacalony is such a common name that nobody pays attention to it.

You might have something there with all of Dwight's stuff, cept, I agree with Cecil. Aliens have crashed landed in Bremmer Pond.

Notice the cat's running around, I think he is trying to get proof that ALF Exists.

As far as "pooferringonite" is concerned, I actually tooted while thinking of Superman..., and it just popped out. Now I have to come up with a word that I could use "Skid Mark" in. Thats a tougher one!!!
Posted By: scruffy_fish Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 07:40 PM
Boy, my wife thinks I'm obsessed with my pond now. If I put a camera out at the pond to monitor it, she would know I've lost it. Way cool idea!

Is it one of those home security cameras? Wireless, how far will it transmit?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 08:58 PM
 Quote:
Boy, my wife thinks I'm obsessed with my pond now. If I put a camera out at the pond to monitor it, she would know I've lost it.

There are levels of pond obsession. The Evil Scientist level is the highest and only a few have attained that obsessive status. You know who you are.

Quote:
Is it one of those home security cameras? Wireless, how far will it transmit?
It is a business security product ((TRENDnet TV-IP512WN (wireless 802.11n)) that we use in some of the security systems we install. They are supposedly good for a 1000 feet line of sight, but we haven’t tested that claim. Since it is a 802.11n device it can output 30fps video at 640x480 resolution while most other wireless cameras are limited to 30fps at 320x240 resolution.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 09:22 PM

Actually, I googled zagnacalony.

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I think that was the whole point Brettski was making with the prom comment thing!! 
Posted By: JKB Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/07/10 09:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: Todd3138

Actually, I googled zagnacalony.

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I think that was the whole point Brettski was making with the prom comment thing!! 

I think I get it!

Sure is a fun word to say or think

You will never get it out of your head. "Zagnacalony" is the ultimate word, and you could never get away from it. Plus it will actually change your life.

I can prove that! Ask me How!!!
Posted By: the stick Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/08/10 01:22 AM
Hey Dwight, do those cats use that spot under the dock as a watering hole, or did you put a can of tuna under there to get some action on that time lapsed video you posted above? It is cool video.
Posted By: ewest Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/08/10 01:55 AM
Those are cool cats !!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Winter Pond Project - 01/08/10 01:59 AM
 Quote:
Hey Dwight, do those cats use that spot under the dock as a watering hole, or did you put a can of tuna under there to get some action on that time lapsed video you posted above? It is cool video.

No tomfoolery on my part. That is where they prefer to drink water year-around. \:\)
© Pond Boss Forum