Pond Boss
Posted By: Ladia Floating room on a pond. - 03/15/09 11:36 PM
Has anybody done it? We heard about it in TV few years back.

http://www.mercomarine.com/gallery/floating%20house.html

Here is a floating house.
Posted By: southernbelle Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/15/09 11:47 PM
Ladia, do you remember what show you saw it on? Might can do a search. I would love one of these for a guest house. I might never get rid of guest, tho.
Posted By: Ladia Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 12:08 AM
My wife saw it in TV several years back and we are dreaming about that since. The show was about unusual houses.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 02:29 PM
Very cool. Can't build something like that in my neck of the woods - you can't build a house withing 100 feet of a pond.
Posted By: southernbelle Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 02:40 PM
Was it on HGTV's Extreme Homes? I found this at another place, but probably not it

http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/living-on-the-lake/index.html
Posted By: southernbelle Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 03:01 PM
look a this--think it is on piers, but same concept

http://www.hgtv.com/dream-home/dock-house-suite/index.html

another one

http://www.highlandmarina.com/highland_resort/highland_resort_cabinrentals-floatingcabin.htm
Posted By: southernbelle Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 03:03 PM
Guess we better check before we do this. Haven't thought of that-thanks!
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 03:31 PM
This thread might inspire you.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=122195&fpart=1
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 03:44 PM
How does a septic system work in a house like that?
Posted By: southernbelle Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 08:57 PM
I wondered that too-guess the pond will be full of crappy fish-lol

Ladia said they probably even had radiant heat floor.
Posted By: southernbelle Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 09:14 PM
HOLY MOLEY!! How did we ever miss that??? Thanks--going back to look again!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 09:42 PM
That house and pond in that old thread is amazing! It's like an overgrown backyard goldfish pond. Awesome!
Posted By: Ladia Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/16/09 10:17 PM
Hi...this is Ladia's wife, Julie. This is amazing that our idea has sparked so much interest. Ladia asked me to recall what the original show was that I saw. I can only remember that their room was simple. Just a bed on a floating raft and it was covered with a lot of mosquito netting ( essential in Iowa). They would just untie it from the dock and let it float all night as they slept. It just looked and sounded so romantic and peaceful that I mentioned it to Ladia. We finally got our 80 acres and built our pond so we still intend to do it. Unfortunately, our pond is still leaking(a lot) and we cannot find the source as yet. We have spent about 20,000 on it so far...its undoubtedly the most expensive puddle in the state! But we have to fix it as it is where our geothermal loops are located. So hope that helps you visualize the room and if anyone does build it before we do, send us some pics even though we will be envious \:\)
Posted By: Brettski Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/17/09 06:53 PM
do it right or don't do it at all...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
Day Dream created by Emerald Bay Custom Houseboats

Our feature houseboat Day Dream is an aluminum super-structure houseboat with four stories and 5,200 square feet of luxury. Day Dream is 95 feet long by 22 feet wide with great maneuverability. The hydraulic steering, dual I/O High-Output V8's and custom front and rear side thrusters make this houseboat driver friendly. With all its off shore amenities it would be a shame to leave the Day Dream at the dock.

Day Dream was designed to bring the comfort of home to the lake. The massive twenty-four 120-watt panel solar system with two 3500-watt Outback inverters, 12 four-volt batteries, and a Westerbeke 12.5kW generator is capable of all your power needs. This elaborate power supply is more than enough for Day Dream to have a full line of sub-zero appliances with all the kitchen frills, two sixty-inch plasma TV's, jet ski lifts, and all of the interior/exterior lighting and accessories.

The interior of Day Dream is finished in exotic hardwoods, granite countertops, marble floors, custom fireplaces, and copper tile work throughout. There is a hardwood spiral staircase to the second level that includes an outside hot tub, a bedroom that sleeps six, a second entertainment room, and a restroom. The third story features an exterior kitchen with a barbeque, refrigerator, sinks, and a flat screen TV. Up top is the place to sun bathe or enter the custom water slide extending through all 4 stories.

The Day Dream has been featured in multiple magazines and continues to build a reputation for one of the most spectacular houseboats in the country.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/17/09 06:59 PM
How much does that cost? I bet with this economy you might be able to get a good deal...
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/18/09 01:58 PM
Dang "dual I/O High-Output V8's (probably marine 502s) and a Westerbeke 12.5kW generator"? I'd hate to pay the gasoline bill just to pilot that beast away from the dock. Looks like a lot of fun though.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/18/09 03:14 PM
Is grey the only color?
Posted By: bobad Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/18/09 04:18 PM
Brettski,

I like the escape chute on that boat. Never know when the missus will get mad at you.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/18/09 06:28 PM
These days, this is about as close as I might get
Posted By: Ladia Re: Floating room on a pond. - 03/18/09 09:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
do it right or don't do it at all...
Emerald Bay Custom Houseboats

Our feature houseboat Day Dream is an aluminum super-structure houseboat with four stories and 5,200 square feet of luxury. Day Dream is 95 feet long by 22 feet wide with great maneuverability. The hydraulic steering, dual I/O High-Output V8's and custom front and rear side thrusters make this houseboat driver friendly. With all its off shore amenities it would be a shame to leave the Day Dream at the dock.

Day Dream was designed to bring the comfort of home to the lake. The massive twenty-four 120-watt panel solar system with two 3500-watt Outback inverters, 12 four-volt batteries, and a Westerbeke 12.5kW generator is capable of all your power needs. This elaborate power supply is more than enough for Day Dream to have a full line of sub-zero appliances with all the kitchen frills, two sixty-inch plasma TV's, jet ski lifts, and all of the interior/exterior lighting and accessories.

The interior of Day Dream is finished in exotic hardwoods, granite countertops, marble floors, custom fireplaces, and copper tile work throughout. There is a hardwood spiral staircase to the second level that includes an outside hot tub, a bedroom that sleeps six, a second entertainment room, and a restroom. The third story features an exterior kitchen with a barbeque, refrigerator, sinks, and a flat screen TV. Up top is the place to sun bathe or enter the custom water slide extending through all 4 stories.

The Day Dream has been featured in multiple magazines and continues to build a reputation for one of the most spectacular houseboats in the country.

It is impressive but it could get boring prety quickly. Don't ask me how I know.
© Pond Boss Forum