Pond Boss
Posted By: n8ly Last Ice Fishing Video for Awhile - 12/31/08 03:02 AM
Well,
Here is my last ice fishing video for awhile. We had 8 inches of nice ice just one week ago, and now we got pretty much nothin.
Bass, Bluegill and Catfish through the ice.

Justin's wife Katy (yep, he got married) catches a nice catfish on just her first icefishing trip ever.

The water was very murky, and the fish were in pretty shallow 6-8 feet of water. The best baits were small jigging spoons and demon jigs tipped with waxworms.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Last Ice Fishing Video for Awhile - 12/31/08 11:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
Justin's wife Katy (yep, he got married) catches a nice catfish on just her first icefishing trip ever.

"J-W-Herm"?

Quote:
The water was very murky, and the fish were in pretty shallow 6-8 feet of water. The best baits were small jigging spoons and demon jigs tipped with waxworms.

I wonder if that was why the BG were all rather pale looking.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Last Ice Fishing Video for Awhile - 12/31/08 05:27 PM
Cool video. Looks like a lot of fun. I hope we get enough cold weather for me to give that a try. This weather has been crazy lately. I actualy saw some mosquitos when I took the dog out last night. By this time of year the mosquitoes are usualy completely gone.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Last Ice Fishing Video for Awhile - 12/31/08 09:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
 Originally Posted By: n8ly

"J-W-Herm"?

Quote:

I wonder if that was why the BG were all rather pale looking.

I dont know what "J-W-Herm" means or is referring to? Oh well I bet you "older" guys all know exactly what he's talking about. Probably something from waaay before TV perhaps???

I think the video just makes the BG look pale, I dont remember them being anything but normal?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Last Ice Fishing Video for Awhile - 01/01/09 12:01 AM
Mrs. JHAP = JWHAP (Jeff's Wife Has A Pond)

ergo

Mrs. J-Herm = J-W-Herm

Us older guys must have time to kill thinking up this stuff.
Posted By: Rattletrap2 Re: Last Ice Fishing Video for Awhile - 01/02/09 12:12 AM
That is a great video! We get way too much snow around here to form any decent ice on our pond. The most I measured last winter was 7". It sure does look slippery out there without the snow though.

We had what appears to be our annual "meltdown" last week-end. We lost over a foot and a half of snow in 2 days. It went up to 15 degrees C and poured rain for two days. We are lucky to have not floated away!
Posted By: n8ly Re: Last Ice Fishing Video for Awhile - 01/02/09 02:03 PM
Hard to believe only growing 7" of ice in Ontario, but snow does indeed insulate my ponds and keeps them from forming good ice!

We had a crazy meltdown here too! Went from 8" of good ice to 2-4 inches of bad ice. Lots of rain, rivers are flooding quite a bit.
© Pond Boss Forum