Pond Boss
Posted By: Edward P. Eitel STREN 75 motor problem - 11/20/06 07:47 PM
One of my STREN 75 (AquaPro) feeders has a problem with the lower motor. The motor that distributes feed to the pond has quit working all of a sudden. No hurry on repairs, as we are freezing up here anyway.

Can anyone give me some advice on repairs and/or unit disassembly? There are a lot of screws in this thing. Any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Ed
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: STREN 75 motor problem - 11/21/06 01:09 AM
Ed, does it spin at all? If not might be timer issue or bad motor, if wobbling funny it is wheel wear. EMail me if you need to but it is still under warranty I think. Call 800-847-8269 and talk to BA products they should be able to to figure out bad part and ship you a new one. You will have to take it all apart though to work on motor. Get a drill with socket to fit the screws or your arm will be tired. Sorry to hear about that but you should be up and running in time for spring warm up.
Posted By: Fishman Dan Re: STREN 75 motor problem - 11/21/06 01:18 AM
Edward-
I had the same problem this summer. Turns out that a raccoon got its skinny arm up the hole in the bottom of the unit and disconnected one of the wires. After a lot of unscrewing, I peeled the bottom back, reconnected the wire, and it worked again. Just a thought -- I couldn't see the disconnected wire until I got in there, so perhaps that is the problem...
Dan
Posted By: Edward P. Eitel Re: STREN 75 motor problem - 11/24/06 04:55 PM
Greg and Dan,

Thanks for the advice and comments!
I will tear into it this weekend.

Sorry for the late response, I have been away from my computer.

Ed
Posted By: Edward P. Eitel Re: STREN 75 motor problem - 03/20/07 05:47 PM
Dog gone you guys are good!!

I've been putting off fixing my feeder until ice went out and fish became angry.

Fisherman Dan ....... you were exactly correct.
Some critter got his scrawney little paw into the opening in the bottom of my feeder last Fall and pulled the black wire appart.
I re-connected the wire and fish are very happy now.

Thanks!

Ed
© Pond Boss Forum