Pond Boss
Posted By: harvey dupriest LEAVES - 12/06/02 04:09 PM
HAVE A 3.5 TO 4 ACRE POND IN EAST T. [CANTON] AREA THE POND IS PRETTY OLD AND IS SURRONDED BY LARGE SWEET GUM & OAK TREES - LOTS OF LEAVES EVERY FALL - THE DEEPEST PART IS APX. 8 FT. POND SEEMS OK AND IS STOCKED WITH BLUEGILL-REDEAR-THREADFIN SHAD-C-CAT AND BASS.CAN ALL THESE LEAVES CAUSE PROBLEMS ? PLAN TO BUY SOME DUCKS AT TRADES DAYS AND ADD TO THE POND SOON.WILL THEY CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS. ANY ADVICE?. THANKS HARVEY DUPRIEST. FISHER8384@AOL.COM
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: LEAVES - 12/10/02 10:33 PM
In this size pond will probably not cause a fish kill. However, the organic load may cause parasitic problems later on. To combat this problem invest in an diffused air system. It will create an environment that allows oxyegn on the bottom that will aloow beneficial bacteria to lower the organic loads created by the excess leaves. Hope this helps. Folks here sell them I know. I also have an excellent diffused air system one on my website at www.lakework.com.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: LEAVES - 12/10/02 10:35 PM
For some reason clicking on the link takes you to my web hosting site. Just type lakework.com as the address. Sorry for this, it only does it on this site.
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: LEAVES - 12/10/02 11:46 PM
THANKS GREG WILL TRY WEBSITE.. HARVEY
© Pond Boss Forum