Pond Boss
Posted By: BASSMASTER Bentonite Source - 10/25/04 07:52 PM
I am is Swainsboro, Georgia which is 70 miles south of Augusta. Does anyone know where I can get some bentonite? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: Bentonite Source - 10/30/04 11:15 AM
Find an oil well servicing company and ask where they get it. It comes in various forms; from powdered to pellet size. All I've tried is powdered and it has never worked for me. Cecil Baird has used it to stop a leak. You might E-mail him for directions. I once did an internet search and found out quite a bit about it which I have since forgotten. Give that a try.
Posted By: PondsRx Re: Bentonite Source - 10/30/04 10:01 PM
Try contacting Aquatic Control in Seymore Indiana-1-800-753-5253. They have this and can give you recommendations...
Good luck.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Bentonite Source - 11/07/04 01:28 PM
I got mine from a local farm supply. Apparently it is added to pig feed to give it bulk or something. It was in 50 lb. bags and I believe they were about $5.00 a piece. I also know my water well driller has access to it. When I put in my aquaculture well it started caving in around the casing and he came out and dumped a few bags of bentonite into the hole.
Posted By: bmcdonald Re: Bentonite Source - 10/18/05 05:18 PM
Bassmaster,

I found a drilling supply warehouse not too far from us. They occasionally have "broken" bags of bentonite which they stack on pallets. They wait till they have enough to call a disposal company to come and pick it up.

I "help" them by picking up the pallets of broken bags (usually 20 100 lb bags per pallet). Its a mess to spread, but the price is right. Whaterver you do don't put it in your vehicle, use a trailer.
© Pond Boss Forum