Pond Boss
Posted By: geostaples aluminum sulfate purchase - 08/01/04 03:25 PM
Where can I purchase bags of aluminum sulfate for a reasonable price within 75 miles of Fort Worth? I need to apply close to 1000 pounds to clear a six acre pond with 8 inches of visibility due to suspended clay. Gypsum is cheap in 40 pound bags at any farm supply store, but I have not found alum in larger that 4 pound bags, and they are very proud of it.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: aluminum sulfate purchase - 08/01/04 07:36 PM
Look in yellow pages or do a search on the Internet for Chemical companies that can probably supply alum in your area. Another possibility is to contact a local sewage treatment plant and find out where they get their alum from. It's very commonly used in the water treatment business.

I got 50 lb. bags dirt cheap in my area from a chemical supply company. Much Much cheaper than than the smaller bags you speak of.
Posted By: Kelly Duffie Re: aluminum sulfate purchase - 08/01/04 08:17 PM
Estes has locations in Ft. Worth and Carrollton. Ft. Worth doesn't currently have aluminum sulfate on hand, but Carrollton does - 50# bags (they can handle branch transfers). You'll need to check with them on the pricing, as freight-costs are major part of that product's expense.
Ft. Worth: (817) 284-9433
© Pond Boss Forum