Pond Boss
Posted By: fozzybear New Algae Control Very Skeptical - 05/15/06 03:45 PM
Just saw this in one of my waste water magazines and thought I would post it here. I would be very very skeptical whether or not this would work. Also not sure of the cost as they offer to rent the contraption so it must be expensive. Anybody else heard of this?

Algae Contol Device
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New Algae Control Very Skeptical - 05/15/06 03:50 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by fozzybear:
Just saw this in one of my waste water magazines and thought I would post it here. I would be very very skeptical whether or not this would work. Also not sure of the cost as they offer to rent the contraption so it must be expensive. Anybody else heard of this?

Algae Contol Device
I would be skeptical too. Ask for some studies that verify it's effectiveness. How much does it cost to rent?
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: New Algae Control Very Skeptical - 05/15/06 05:54 PM
If I remember correctly, Watergirl from Ohio was selling and had installed these. I haven't seen her post recently, maybe Bill Cody will comment.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: New Algae Control Very Skeptical - 05/16/06 12:06 AM
Two years ago Jason at Inspired By Nature (pond mgmt Co.) tested a similar device. It turned out to be way "over sold" in their opinion.
Posted By: PondsRx Re: New Algae Control Very Skeptical - 05/16/06 11:54 AM
I think, if we find one of these devices, or biological controls to work, the industry will know about it fairly quickly. We are a small, tight knit group. If something like this is a true "miracle" we all will know about it.
© Pond Boss Forum