Pond Boss
Posted By: catching12345 Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/27/16 01:52 PM
I have a bunch of soft rush popping up all along the shore line. What aquacide can I use to kill it. It's all in about a foot of water. Obviously I don't want to hurt my fish but I'm sure there is something out there that I can use as a spot spray to kill them.
Posted By: CMM Re: Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/27/16 02:41 PM
Catching, just curious, why do you want rid of it? I like my rush, lots of filtration for incoming water and places for yoy fish, frogs and bugs.
But some one will have an answer soon.

Cmm
Posted By: catching12345 Re: Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/27/16 03:14 PM
I was fine with for the last few years but they are getting in areas where we like to fish from the shore and they are getting in the way. I don't want to kill all of them just in the areas we like to sit on the shore and fish.
Posted By: CMM Re: Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/27/16 03:34 PM
That makes sense.
Cmm
Posted By: esshup Re: Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/27/16 05:12 PM
Are you talking about Juncus effuses?

There would be 3 things that I would try, and I will list them in the order that I would try them. All would have to be approved for pond use.

I would also add 1 to 2 fl. oz. of an aquatic surfactant such as Cide-Kick to each gallon of tank mix you make.

1) A liquid glyphosate product, such as Shore-Klear.
2) A liquid 2,4-d product, such as Weedestroy AM-40.
3) A liquid Diquat product, such as Reward.

Cover as much of the plants above the water surface as possible, just to the point of herbicide run-off into the water. I would be careful with the overspray, because other non-target plants could be affected. Mix some pond dye into the spray mixture to make observing coverage easier.
Posted By: catching12345 Re: Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/27/16 06:55 PM
Yes that's correct. Juncus effuses. Excellent. Thank you very much esshup.
Posted By: esshup Re: Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/28/16 12:53 AM
Let us know how the treatment works!!
Posted By: catching12345 Re: Spot spraying rush weed. - 03/29/16 12:36 AM
I will. Thank you very much.
© Pond Boss Forum