Pond Boss
I just ran across this forum today and I have questions about watermeal. I've been battling it for a few weeks now including scooping out, using weedtrine, cutrine plus, surfactant, etc... I think I seen something about someone on here using White Cap and ordering it from a member on here? Like I said I'm new here so I haven't had a chance to dig around much on this forum and figure out what I need to do to eraticate this stuff but I'm all ears! Anyone got any ideas or for sure killers? Thanks in advance, Andy from Leavenworth, KS. Pond is around 1 acre and averages 8' deep.
Hi Andy, and welcome to Pond Boss.
White Cap (fluridone) is no longer on the market, unless someone still possesses inventory from before the product was discontinued. In the mean time, Sonar is currently the only formulation of fluridone that is still in production - to my knowledge, and at this time.
Fluridone (Sonar) at elevated use-rates will do fine on watermeal, and on several other nuisance "weed species"; but may also control desirable aquatic plants - if any are present. So, make sure you know what you're targeting - and wanting to leave - before you pull that trigger.
Clipper (flumioxazin) is a great alternative for controlling watermeal, especially in ponds that are prone to flow-through events which might otherwise impede or negate the efficacy of fluridone under such conditions.
I know of a source in Shawnee for both products. Please PM me if you have any interest or questions.
Kelly, I sent you a message. Hope you get it! Thanks, Andy
© Pond Boss Forum