Pond Boss
Posted By: TGW1 Aeration start up question? - 04/06/17 12:00 PM
I understand starting up the aeration is to start @ 15 min and double each day. But due to several interruptions, I have not been able to stick to this timing and I have gotten to where I have run it for two hrs for a couple of days not being able to increase the running time. Any problems with the situation to where one is stuck @ two hrs per day for several days? 3 acres and 6 diffusers.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Aeration start up question? - 04/06/17 03:17 PM
Very likely not a problem with 2 hr run time this early in the summer when stratification is not well established.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Aeration start up question? - 04/06/17 03:21 PM
I have been running mine at the 2 hour mark for about a month now. Have not had any issues. Like Bill said most of your water is still pretty cold / cool so not a issue. I am however going to move mine up to 4 hours this weekend.

RC
Posted By: ewest Re: Aeration start up question? - 04/06/17 03:50 PM
RC its going to get cold this weekend (30s).
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Aeration start up question? - 04/06/17 05:44 PM
From my back ground in petro chemical, water holds the most oxygen around 4*C. At that point water will expand when the temp drops below that and will expand when the water gos above that.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Aeration start up question? - 04/07/17 10:27 AM
Thank you guys. I did not think it would be a problem but I thought I would check with you guys. Thanks again.
© Pond Boss Forum