Pond Boss
Posted By: Sunil Moultrie Feeders - 05/05/05 02:32 PM
Has anyone ever heard of, or used, feeders made by MOULTRIE?

Any comments or input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: Moultrie Feeders - 05/05/05 02:46 PM
Sunil,

Yes, heard of and used...they are primarily a deer feeder. I don't recommend them for fish. Too many problems. Its been a couple of years since I used one, so maybe they have improved, but I wouldn't buy one for fish.
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Moultrie Feeders - 05/05/05 02:49 PM
They have started selling fish feeders but do not know anyone who has tried one
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Moultrie Feeders - 05/05/05 07:18 PM
Here's the Moultrie (small version) fish feeder. I'm considering this one because it's just the right size to hang from the bridge. Not sure how long those batteries will last but guess I need 2... Moultrie Game Fish Feeder
Posted By: Sunil Re: Moultrie Feeders - 05/05/05 08:19 PM
Thank you gents.
Posted By: turkeyfootnc Re: Moultrie Feeders - 05/06/05 05:04 PM
I have used moultrie deer feeders for fish and it works ok. I use a small feeder on a small pond with small fish and it works fine but if you can find a feeder that you can program what time the feed goes off, that will be better.

Moultrie just started selling fish feeders
Posted By: Bowman Re: Moultrie Feeders - 05/16/05 07:56 PM
moultrie has had an excellent fish feeder for years, it uses a 6 volt 12 amp rechargable battery and mounts on a 4x4 post on your dock. it is programable for up to 4 times a day, and you can adjust it to spin from 1 to 20 seconds and will hold nearly 100 lbs of food.it is a very reliable unit, and the battery will last about about 2 months before it needs charging. the smaller fish feeder is a photo cell unit that feeds at dawn and dusk, it is adustable from 1 to 18 seconds and uses a 6 volt latern battry that will last between 2 and 3 months. it will hold about 40 lbs of food. they both come with one yr warranty, and then a limited lifetime warranty.they have a website with the feeders on it, moultriefeeders.com
Posted By: Bowman Re: Moultrie Feeders - 05/16/05 07:57 PM
moultrie has had an excellent fish feeder for years, it uses a 6 volt 12 amp rechargable battery and mounts on a 4x4 post on your dock. it is programable for up to 4 times a day, and you can adjust it to spin from 1 to 20 seconds and will hold nearly 100 lbs of food.it is a very reliable unit, and the battery will last about about 2 months before it needs charging. the smaller fish feeder is a photo cell unit that feeds at dawn and dusk, it is adustable from 1 to 18 seconds and uses a 6 volt latern battry that will last between 2 and 3 months. it will hold about 40 lbs of food. they both come with one yr warranty, and then a limited lifetime warranty.they have a website with the feeders on it, moultriefeeders.com
© Pond Boss Forum