Pond Boss
Posted By: Clayellison Stocking - 04/23/03 02:53 PM
I have just stocked a 3 acre pond in Arkansas with 2250 Copper nose bluegill,750 redear and 20 pounds of Fathead minnows at the end of march. Would stocking my bass this June be to early?
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Stocking - 04/23/03 04:18 PM
Clay, what size were the bream when they were stocked, do you feed, and if you know what is your water temp?
Posted By: Clayellison Re: Stocking - 04/23/03 04:31 PM
The bream were small 2 to 3 inches. I am feeding twice daily. The water temp is in the mid 60's.
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Stocking - 04/23/03 06:27 PM
Lots of pros here know more than me but by mid June you should have a spawn of bream. My guess is bass can go in then but this fall would be safer.
Posted By: shan Re: Stocking - 04/23/03 11:06 PM
three inch bluegill will spawn, I would be very surprised is they dont spawn once the temps get up.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Stocking - 04/24/03 01:18 AM
I agree the bluegil should grow to a size they will spawn in July at least and this would be fine for bass sotcked in JUne. BUT...what gives it seems Keven got complety different advice when he stocked fingelring bluegill over a month ago. I will reread his post know to see if I missed something.
Posted By: shan Re: Stocking - 04/24/03 04:02 AM
I recall correctly Keven was not feeding, and stocked 1 inch fish. If I remember correctly he was not present when the BG were stocked. I think the advice he got was right. I would not expect BG to grow two inches in early spring, even on a feeding program.
© Pond Boss Forum